Wearable Technology Innovation Center (WTIC)
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) is establishing Michigan’s first Wearable Technology Innovation Center (WTIC). Through the planning and establishment of WTIC, innovators will access resources provided to design, research, develop, manufacture and commercialize their technologies and products, as well as establish and scale their companies. These new consumer products will combine artificial intelligence, big data analytics, robotic sensing, mobile networking, tracking and navigation into assistive devices that augment the human body.
WTIC will encompass a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem, innovation center, and regional economic development engine. It will coalesce innovative companies, entrepreneurs, start-ups, manufacturing firms, industry leaders, university researchers, and workforce development stakeholders to foster the development and production of wearable technology solutions in the areas of:
- Elder Care
- Worker Safety and Protection
- Youth Recreation and Athletic Safety
- Human Productivity
Over 30 Leading Industry Partners and more than 20 Innovative University Faculty and Staff have joined together in collaboration to structure and launch the Wearable Technology Innovation Center through a two-year planning process. WTIC will:
- Promote Open Collaboration for Human Enhancement through Use-Inspired Research and Results
- Expand Economic Prosperity and Opportunities and support Global Health and Wellness, Safety, and Productivity.
- Coalesce key stakeholders including regional partners, industry, and community members in a collaborative culture that embodies OPEN Innovation.
- Create collaboration opportunities and the resources to ideate, design, research, develop, manufacture and commercialize their technologies and products as well as establish and scale their companies in the area of wearable technology.
- Provide workforce training while expanding economic prosperity, opportunities and support global health/wellness, safety and productivity.
To learn more and/or to become a part of the planning team, contact Ross Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.204.2221