Do you want to represent your fellow peers and help make the student experience better on campus?
Then run for Student Government Executive Board.
- Student Government represents over 4,000 student voices to the administration and is the main communication link from the students to the University.
- With bi-weekly meetings held within the academic year, students are able to get their suggestions to a group of students who are elected to represent them.
- This year's elections will be on Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 and will feature candidates of President and Executive Vice President.
Office Eligibility:A candidate for the office of President and Executive Vice President must be a currently enrolled Lawrence Tech student at the time of petition for his or her term of office.
For the office of President: He or she must have completed at least 60 credit hours toward a Baccalaureate degree, 30 hours of which must have been completed at Lawrence Tech. Candidates must have at least a 3.0 GPA on the 4.0 grade point system and be enrolled as a Lawrence Tech Student. The candidate must fulfill all requirements, including 50 endorsements (signatures) from currently enrolled students.
For the office of Executive Vice President: He or she must have completed at least 50 credit hours toward a Baccalaureate degree, 25 hours of which must have been completed at Lawrence Tech. Candidates must have at least a 2.7 GPA on the 4.0 grade point system and be enrolled as a Lawrence Tech student. The candidate must fulfill all requirements, including 50 endorsements (signatures) from currently enrolled students.
Important Dates:Contact Election Committee Chair John Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Deadline to Apply:
- Application form https://goo.gl/forms/fdCxntdGNLUOQgUR2 and Nomination Petition must be completed by Tuesday March 19th, 2019 (9 PM)
Nomination Petition (Endorsement signatures) must be submitted (digitally or in-person) to the Election Chairman John Bowen at email@example.com
- Sunday March 31st, 2019
All candidates will be screened for eligibility before approval to begin campaign.
All campaign materials must be approved by the Division of Student Affairs.
All campaign materials must be taken down by the end of the Election week.
- TBD - Updates will be posted as we move closer to the Campaign week.
Candidates will be emailed with details.
- Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 (12:01 AM - 11:59 PM). Online: www.ltu.edu/stugov
Winners will be announced within 24 hours after the closing of the Polls.
- The newly elected President & Executive Vice-President must attend, and present their choices to to fill the positions that make-up the remainder of the Executive Board so that the Senate can vote to confirm them.
April 23rd, 2019 - (12:30 PM)