How to Start a Student Organization at LTU
Step 1: Find your members!
- Organizations must have at least 10 currently enrolled students to register.
- Each organization must have a staff or faculty member to serve as advisor.
Step 2: Visit the Office of Student Activities website to register your student organization. You will need to complete/submit the following information:
- Organization Registration Form (including the names and Student ID numbers of all officers).
- Constitution/Operational Guidelines.
- Obtain a petition of at least 30 signatures of currently enrolled LTU students.
Step 3: Attend the Student Government meeting in order to be voted in as an official LTU student organization!
Be sure to contact email@example.com to get on the meeting agenda!
Benefits of Being a Registered Student Organization
- Have increased visibility and accessibility
- Reserve campus facilities and equipment
- Advertise on campus with flyers, banners, SPAM advertisement table tents, and before Late Night Movies
- Participate in Student Organization Fairs
- Apply for funds via Student Government
- Fundraise on campus
- Receive recognition by University Administration
Signature Petition Form
Online Organization Registration Form
Student Organization Resource Guide
Sample Student Organization Constitution
Student Organization Advisor Manual
Planning an Event
For additional information or assistance starting your student organization, please feel free to visit the Student Activities Website or the Office of Student Engagement in C404 Taubman Center. Contact us at 248.204.4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org .