To be a national leader in redefining STEM as "Systems, Technology, and Educational Mentoring" by providing innovative programs and support to a diverse community of STEM learners and entrepreneurs.
The mission of the Marburger STEM Center is to meet the educational and professional development needs of a diverse community of STEM learners with cutting-edge and engaging experiences in flexible learning spaces through pioneering programming from LTU’s four Colleges. The mission is achieved by:
- Enhancing the skill set of LTU students, which prepare them for well-paying careers in STEM-based industries through curricular and extra-curricular learning opportunities.
- Providing leading-edge K-12 outreach programming to the diverse community of STEM learners.
- Engaging historically underrepresented groups in STEM through progressive programming.
- Engaging K-12 teachers with innovative professional development workshops focused on active-collaborative learning, problem-based learning and course-based research experiences.
- Extending STEM to a broader population of students by including the disciplines of information technology, architecture, digital humanities, robotics, engineering and computer, management sciences and health care.