Use the Extension Request form to request an extension of your end date for use of sponsored funding. Extensions should be requested at least 30 days prior to your current end date. Federal agreements may be internally approved, whereas all contract agreements require a formal modification of the agreement. You will need to justify the request for extension in writing and provide a plan for use of the remaining funds.