Join us August 12-18, 2022!
Incoming first-year students are encouraged to participate in CAMPUS Connections, a seven-day, residential introduction to college life.
CAMPUS Connections participants' days are divided among academic, co-curricular, and fun team-building activities.
During CAMPUS Connections, participants will:
- Learn about LTU’s campus and university resources
- Acquire skills necessary to be academically successful via interactive workshops
- Attend math and/or writing preparation sessions with faculty and retake the math and/or writing placement exam
- Get a head start on their fall classes through AAC Pre-course participation
- Build new friendships through fun activities and off-campus field trips
All CAMPUS Connections participants living on campus during the upcoming fall semester may move into their assigned rooms early and stay for the duration of the program without needing to move out. Commuters are welcome to participate in CAMPUS Connections and are often offered housing free of charge, but it is not guaranteed.
Returning CAMPUS Connections students serve as mentors and help run CAMPUS Connections in partnership with CAMPUS Connections professional staff.
Thanks to the sponsorship of the King-Parks-Chavez Program and other support from the University community, CAMPUS Connections is offered at no additional cost to students.
Questions or concerns may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 248.204.4120. CAMPUS Connections staff will also be available during LTU Orientation and Registration.
This program is supported by the King-Chavez-Parks Initiative through the State of Michigan.