Degrees are awarded to candidates who have fulfilled the following requirements:
Minimum Undergraduate Requirements
Note: additional requirements apply to particular degree programs, please consult your academic advisor.
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements in one of the degree programs as set forth in the Catalog. Any student required to take Basic Studies courses (course level zero) will receive credit hours and grade points for such courses, but the credit hours earned for these Basic Studies courses will not be included in the total hours required for graduation;
- Undergraduate students Must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all credit hours earned at LTU;
- Completion of the last two semesters of work for a degree at LTU:
A minimum of 24 credit hours taken at LTU, with 12 hours of this work in the specialty courses of the
Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Fine Arts Degrees
A minimum of 30 credit hours taken at LTU, with 14 hours of this work in student’s chosen major.
- Graduate students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.00 in all credit hours earned at LTU;
- Master degrees offered through the College of Arts & Sciences, Management, and Engineering are awarded upon completion of all required course work within seven years of matriculation;
- Both undergraduate and graduate students must submit a Petition for Graduation approximately one semester before graduating. A new petition must be submitted in the event the student does not complete degree requirements within one year;
- Full payment of all financial obligations to the University. This includes exit counseling for loan recipients.
If you are a doctoral student there are a few extra steps to take when it comes to finishing up your program. Along with turning in a petition to graduate form you will need to do the following:
Diploma Honors will be granted to the degree recipients on the basis of the student’s record for all course work in the degree program at Lawrence Technological University. However, only courses taken at the University qualify for honor point credits.
The cumulative GPA as of the student's graduating semester will be used to determine honors.
Associate Degrees-A transfer student must have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours at LTU to be eligible for diploma honors.
Bachelor Degrees- A transfer student must have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours at LTU to be eligible for diploma honors.
Honors are granted as follows for Undergraduate students:
3.25-3.49 GPA-Cum Laude
3.50-3.74 GPA-Magna Cum Laude
3.75-4.00 GPA-Summa Cum Laude
Architecture students: Minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA as of the final semester of the degree program - "With Distinction" will be placed on the diploma and transcript.
The College of Engineering, the College of Management, and the College of Arts and Sciences currently do not offer graduation honors to their graduate students.
Commencement Honors Eligibility (for honor cords worn at Commencement)
The above honors eligibility information is for diploma honors. This means that honors will appear on your diploma and transcript.
For Commencement ceremony and program purposes, the following combined criteria is used: (a) the cumulative GPA as of the Fall semester prior to graduation, and (b) the total of the earned LTU credit hours as of the Fall semester prior to graduation, and the currently enrolled Spring credit hours.