Tuition and Fee Appeal Process
This process is for students who wish to receive an exception of University policy to receive a refund for tuition and/or fees after the 100% refund deadline. Recipients of the Recovery Grant are not eligible to appeal for a refund.
- Complete the Tuition and Fee Appeal form and submit it to the One Stop Center. All supporting documentation should be submitted at this same time (i.e. medical documentation).
- The Office of the Registrar will prepare a packet of information that includes: the student’s appeal documentation, unofficial transcript, current semester’s schedule, and tuition statement for the current semester.
- The Appeals Committee (comprised of representatives from various departments on campus) meets monthly to review each student request and packet of information to make a decision. The Committee may also contact the student’s instructor(s) to inquire about the student’s attendance record and current grade in the course. The Office of the Registrar then sends a letter via LTU email to the student with the decision (NOTE: The LTU email address is the University's official means of communication).
Please note the following:
- Students should be aware that if an exception is made, their financial aid may be impacted and they may potentially owe the University money.
- It is important to note that exceptions to University policy are made only in rare circumstances , such as a debilitating illness. Requests made because of difficult work schedules or class schedules may not be considered.