2016 – 2017 Academic Year
Proposals for Sabbatical leave during an academic year (Fall Semester, Winter Semester or Academic Year) must be submitted and approved during the previous academic year. Proposals should be developed following the format described in the Faculty Handbook. Proposals for Sabbatical leave for the following academic year should be submitted to the Dean and to the Chairperson of the Faculty Council by Friday, November 4, 2016. The Dean will send a listing of the proposals with titles and duration to the Provost.
- The Faculty Council will review each application and provide to the Dean a letter of recommendation for or against the sabbatical leave application, providing reasons for the recommendations. If there are multiple applications from the college, the Faculty Council should also rank the proposals from the college in its recommendations to the Dean. The Faculty Council should make its recommendations to the Dean by Friday, November 18, 2016.
- The Dean should make his/her recommendation and ranking by Wednesday, November 30, 2016 and forward a copy of each proposal to the Faculty Senate and the Provost including the Faculty Council recommendations and ranking.
- The Faculty Senate should review the proposals from each college and provide a ranking of the proposals with reasons for the conclusions. The Faculty Senate should follow the Faculty Handbook. The senate should make its recommendations to the Provost no later than December 9, 2016.
- Each faculty member will be notified of the outcome of his or her Sabbatical Proposal on or before the issuance of contracts on March 1, 2017.
- The number of sabbatical leaves available each year will be limited. Attention will be given to colleges not having recent sabbaticals assuming proposals from the colleges are meritorious.