The Graduate Council consists of faculty with program experience or interests at the graduate level, and of observers from academic-service functions. All members are appointed by the Provost on recommendation of the college deans.This group reviews all new course and program authorizations to ensure there are no conflicts between the colleges and makes recommendations within the scope of graduate policies.
The Dean of Graduate Studies is an ex-officio member and administrative sponsor.
Members of the Graduate Council for the 2019-2020 academic year are:
- Dr. Nabil Grace, Dean of Graduate Studies and Dean of the College of Engineering (Chair)
- Dr. Srikant Raghavan, College of Business and Information Technology
- Dr. Joongsub Kim, College of Architecture & Design
- Dr. Eric Meyer, College of Engineering
- Dr. Guang-Chong Zhu, College of Arts & Sciences
- Mr. Jim Jolly, Assistant Provost (ex officio)
- Ms. Noreen Ferguson, University Registrar (ex officio)