New Faculty Orientation for the Fall 2016 semester will take place on Thursday, August 11th 2016. More details will be provided when available.
LTU provides a comprehensive orientation session for new full-time and adjunct faculty members in prior to the beginning of each fall and spring semester. The January orientation session is a half-day session, while the August session is a full-day session. New faculty members are also required to participate in a series of Teaching and Learning Using Technology seminars sponsored by eLearning Services and the Center for Teaching & Learning.
The following University offices participate in the orientation program. Website links and contact information is provided, and we encourage new faculty members to reach out to presenters with any follow-up questions. See the bottom of this page for resources.
- Office of the Provost - Provost Maria Vaz and Assistant Provost Jim Jolly
- Office of the President - President Virinder Moudgil
- College Deans
- College of Architecture & Design - Dean Karl Daubmann
- College of Arts & Sciences - Dean Hsiao-Ping Moore
- College of Engineering - Dean Nabil Grace
- College of Management - Dean Bahman Mirshab
- University Advising Center - Director Leslie Michalik
- Dean of Students (campus life, residence life) - Dean Kevin Finn
- Research Support Services Committee - Chair Matthew Cole
- University Assessment Committee - Director of Assessment Sabah Abro
- Campus Safety - Director Steve Bogdalek
- Technology Help Desk - Director Charlene Ramos
- University Library - Director Gary Cocozzoli
- Academic Achievement Center - Director Gladys Aviles
- eLearning Services - Director Richard Bush
- Center for Teaching and Learning - Director Scott Schneider
Orientation Handout Materials