Lawrence Tech provides a student-centered comprehensive educational experience with technologically focused professional programs. As a student-centered university, Lawrence Tech demonstrates its commitment to educational achievement and improvement through ongoing assessment of student learning. The University Assessment Committee oversees assessment of student learning at the following three levels: Undergraduate University, Undergraduate Program, and Graduate Program.
Undergraduate University Level Assessment
Undergraduate University Level assessment encompass the following set of five learning outcomes of LTU's "general education" core curriculum program.
- Written Communication: LTU undergraduates who complete the core curriculum will demonstrate professional standards in written communication by mastering the fundamentals of writing mechanics and integrating evidence and analysis within a coherent structure.
- Oral Communication: LTU undergraduates who complete the core curriculum will demonstrate effectiveness in oral communication through development of content clearly and articulately.
- Critical Thinking: LTU undergraduates who complete the core curriculum will demonstrate critical thinking skills in reading complex texts and analyzing arguments.
- Quantitative Reasoning: LTU undergraduates who complete the core curriculum will demonstrate Quantitative Reasoning capabilities through applying mathematics and statistical methods to solve problems.
- Scientific Analysis: LTU undergraduates who complete the core curriculum will demonstrate proficiency in principles of science and applying it to solve scientific problems.
Undergraduate Program Level Assessment
Undergraduate Program Level assessment encompass an overarching set of the following five learning areas. Discipline-Specific Knowledge is assessed separately or across the learning areas. Please refer to each undergraduate program for the program-specific learning outcome in these five areas and any additional program-specific undergraduate learning outcomes.
- Visual Communication
Graduate Program Assessment:
Graduate Program assessment encompass an overarching set of the following four graduate learning areas. Please refer to each graduate program for the program-specific learning outcome in these four areas and any additional program-specific graduate learning outcomes.
- Advanced Knowledge
Undergraduate: Please click on the following link for program-level outcomes and curriculum maps for each undergraduate program at Lawrence Tech:
Graduate: Please click on the following link for program-level outcomes and curriculum maps for each graduate program at Lawrence Tech:
Programs with professional accreditation may have additional learning outcomes which are assessed for professional accreditation. Please visit the academic program for more information.
Each academic program submits an annual assessment report to the University Assessment Committee. Annual assessment reports are filed in the following fall semester after a review meeting with the Assistant Provost, Assessment Committee Chair, and respective Dean, Department Chair, and Assessment Committee representative. Annual assessment reports are posted to this web page in the following spring semester.
2018-2019 Academic Year PDF
2017-2018 Academic Year PDF
2016-2017 Academic Year PDF
2015-2016 Academic Year PDF
2014-2015 Academic Year PDF
2013-2014 Academic Year PDF
2012-2013 Academic Year PDF
2011-2012 Academic Year PDF
2010-2011 Academic Year PDF
2009-2010 Academic Year PDF
2008-2009 Academic Year PDF
2007-2008 Academic Year PDF
2006-2007 Academic Year PDF
2005-2006 Academic Year PDF
2004-2005 Academic Year PDF
2003-2004 Academic Year PDF
2002-2003 Academic Year PDF
2001-2002 Academic Year PDF