The Horldt Family Writing Center assists LTU students with their writing needs. We are staffed by faculty members and are able to help students at any point in the writing process. We also offer workshops throughout the year. We operate out of C305, just down from the One Stop Center, but you can also email us at email@example.com.
Guidelines and Principles
Students should come to the Horldt Writing Center with the following:
- The assignment sheet
- Hard copy and electronic copy of your paper/work (notes, outlines, etc.)
- Your laptop and writing materials
- Primary source and secondary sources (if applicable)
- An identified purpose for the session
Faculty Instructors and Student Tutors will:
- Help to understand the writing assignment
- Assist in selecting and developing a topic
- Aid in the understanding of the writing process (brainstorming/planning, drafting, revising)
- Guide in transferring thoughts and ideas to paper
- Discover areas where you can improve as a writer
- Leave you with a plan of direction to further pursue outside of the session
Faculty Instructors and Student Tutors will not:
- Write passages, proofread, or edit your paper
- Comment on a grade given or estimate a grade the paper will receive
- Analyze or comment on Instructor feedback (they can look at the feedback given, and may be able to assist you with better understanding it, but you should ask your Instructor for further clarification if necessary)
- Student Tutors will not address citation and research issues. (Faculty Instructors will provide assistance in a limited capacity)
2019 Fall Hours
|Tuesday||9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
|Thursday||9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.