The Horldt Family Writing Center assists LTU students with their writing needs. We are staffed by faculty members and are able to help students at any point in the writing process. We also offer workshops throughout the year.
Students enrolled in the following classes have access to our Canvas page:
- COM 0094 & 1103
- World Masterpieces I & II
- Foundations of the American Experience
- Development of the American Experience
Our Canvas page offers various resources, including the ability to message us and submit work for an online workshop session.
We are also happy to assist students with their writing in any course,
Fall 2021 HoursOne on one sessions with writing faculty are available via Zoom (Passcode is 004196) or in C305. Contact email@example.com with questions or to make an appointment.
|Monday||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 1 p.m. & 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
ZOOM ONLY: 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 1 p.m. & 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
Students should come to the Horldt Family Writing Center with the following:
- The assignment sheet
- Hard copy and electronic copy of your paper/work (notes, outlines, etc.)
- Your laptop and writing materials
- Primary source and secondary sources (if applicable)
- An identified purpose for the session
Faculty Instructors and Student Tutors will:
- Help to understand the writing assignment
- Assist in selecting and developing a topic
- Aid in the understanding of the writing process (brainstorming/planning, drafting, revising)
- Guide in transferring thoughts and ideas to paper
- Discover areas where you can improve as a writer
- Leave you with a plan of direction to further pursue outside of the session
Faculty Instructors and Student Tutors will not:
- Write passages, proofread, or edit your paper
- Comment on a grade given or estimate a grade the paper will receive
- Analyze or comment on Instructor feedback (they can look at the feedback given, and may be able to assist you with better understanding it, but you should ask your Instructor for further clarification if necessary)
- Student Tutors will not address citation and research issues. (Faculty Instructors will provide assistance in a limited capacity)