Lawrence Tech sets activities for National Engineers Week
Lawrence Technological University’s College of Engineering will sponsor a variety of fun, informative, and inspiring events marking National Engineers Week, Feb. 19-23.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday through Friday, Feb. 19-23: The Golden Calculator Scavenger Hunt. Student participants will have the chance to decipher clues from social media posts and find the Golden Calculator, which will be hidden in different locations around campus. They’ll post pictures of the Golden Calculator on Twitter. Each day there will be another clue, a new location, and another chance to win a TI-84 PLUS scientific calculator.
- Tuesday, Feb. 20: A chicken wing eating contest in the intermission of the LTU men’s volleyball game, which starts at 7 p.m. at the university’s Don Ridler Field House.
- Wednesday, Feb. 21: A student project showcase in the atrium of LTU’s Buell Management Building from noon to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 22: “Pizza, Planes and AR,” from 1 to 3 p.m. in the lounge of LTU’s Engineering Building. There will be an augmented reality demonstration, as well as a paper airplane design contest.
- Friday, Feb. 23: LTU students will tour the American Center for Mobility in Ypsilanti Township, the newly developed government-industry testbed for autonomous and connected vehicle technologies.
The college’s activities were developed in conjunction with the LTU Office of Career Services.
With more than 30 majors from bachelor’s degrees through the doctoral level, and day, evening, and online programs, Lawrence Tech's College of Engineering is among the largest in Michigan.
Lawrence Tech Magazine / Fall 2020LTU vs Covid-19, Nursing students on the front lines, New provost, Alumni news and more
[ Read More ]