At its annual dinner held at the Detroit Institute of Arts in June the Engineering Society of Detroit (ESD) inducted new members into its prestigious College of Fellows, including five from Lawrence Technological University:
• LTU Trustee Vincent Dow, BSEE’79, vice president and chief engineer of distribution operations, DTE Energy.
• LTU Dean of Engineering Nabil Grace, who is also director of LTU’s Center for Innovative Materials Research.
• Associate Professor Andrew Gerhart of the A. Leon Linton Department of Mechanical Engineering.
• Monique Lake, BSTM’00, instructor at Consortium College Preparatory.
• Associate Professor Janice Means of the Department of Architecture.
LTU Adjunct Professor Thomas Doran won an Outstanding Leadership Award. He is also a member of LTU’s Civil Engineering Advisory Board.
At the ESD Gold Ward program in March, Means was also a winner of the Ann Fletcher Distinguished Service Award.
Founded in 1895, the Engineering Society of Detroit has a membership that represents more than 3,000 companies. ESD promotes and celebrates excellence, innovation, cooperation, professional growth and fellowship in the engineering, scientific and allied professions.