LTU sets Industrial Engineering Day Feb. 25
Prospective students and working professionals interested in the opportunities in the growing field of industrial engineering are invited to Industrial Engineering Day, from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25 at Lawrence Technological University.
The event will take place in LTU’s Siemens Electro-Matic Industrial Engineering Lab, Room 108 of LTU’s Engineering Building (building 9 at www.ltu.edu/map). Free parking is available nearby in lots A, G, D and E.
Industrial engineering is an engineering profession that is concerned with the optimization of complex processes, systems, or organizations, by developing, improving and implementing integrated systems of people, money, knowledge, information, equipment, energy, and materials. Employment prospects in the field are bright, with 8 percent job growth through 2028, and a median pay level of $87,000 a year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The event begins at 12:30 p.m. with a networking lunch.
The schedule for the rest of the event:
- 1:30 p.m.: Welcome to the Siemens Electro-Matic Industrial Engineering Lab from two industry veterans who are alumni of LTU’s industrial engineering and management programs, Don Riemer and Henry Horldt, and a video presentation, “”What Is Industrial Engineering?” from Ahad Ali, director of LTU’s industrial engineering program.
- 2 p.m.: Presentation from Electro-Matic Products Inc.
- 2:10 p.m. Lab tour and remarks from four LTU industrial engineering graduates: Corynn Moten, (2017), now at Fiat Chrysler Automotive; Jessica Zadorozny, (2016), now at Henry Ford Health System; Santosh Gudagunti, (2019), now at Peterson Spring; and Gomanth Duuvuru, (2016), now at General Motors.
- 2:30 p.m.: A presentation and hands-on learning activity from Steven Marshall, simulation senior expert at the auto supplier Valeo.
- 3 p.m.: A presentation about alumni of the Henry Ford Trade School
- 3: 15 p.m.: a Siemens Digital Twin presentation
- 3:30 p.m.: An industrial engineering simulation demonstration from Neil Murray, engineering manager at the auto supplier ZF.
- 4 to 5:30 p.m.: Networking and industry engagement.
The event is free, and high school students, college students, and working professionals are all encouraged to attend. To register, visit www.ltu.edu/engineering/industrial/ieday_rsvp.asp.
Lawrence Tech Magazine / Fall 2020LTU vs Covid-19, Nursing students on the front lines, New provost, Alumni news and more
[ Read More ]