The Baja SAE team from Lawrence Tech finished 31st in a field of 100 in the regional competition at Tennessee Tech University April18-21.
LTU scored in the top half of the field in almost all of the categories, and finished 37th in the biggest event, the four-hour endurance race.
Accomplishments of this year’s team include:
• Lightest Baja car in LTU history, 420 lbs.
• First belt-driven transmission (belt-driven final reduction) in LTU history.
• Thermoformed ABS plastic body.
• Carbon fiber belly pan, and body components.
• Completed car for earliest competition possible (10-month build).