2017 DISCOVERY DAYS
Friday, August 18
Saturday, August 19
Discovery Days are mandatory for all incoming students at LTU
Click on the links below for more detailed information
Discovery Days is a two-day orientation program for all first-year students. Held two days before classes begin, Discovery Days focuses on the first-year experience, campus involvement, history and traditions, and the spirit of LTU.
It gives you a head start on college life by introducing you to other incoming students and campus leaders while developing personal skills that will make the transition to college easier. This is your chance to create your own community within LTU. You’ll leave with a better idea of what it means to be an LTU Blue Devil!
Participants will not only receive pertinent information about life as a first-year student at Lawrence Tech, but also:
- Developing leadership skills
- Promoting awareness on topics such as alcohol awareness, sexual harassment, Title IX, diversity
- Educating students on University Policies & Procedures
- Promoting a safe, healthy, successful and fulfilling college experience
- Building relationships with their peers to ease the transition to college life
- Promoting co-curricular activities
- Embracing university traditions
- Creating a fun and positive campus environment
- And, have fun!
Who Will Be There?
All incoming first-year students and transfer students with less than 30 credit hours are required to attend Discovery Days. In addition to the over 300 first year and transfer students, you will also meet an outstanding group of upper-class student leaders who will serve as First Year Mentors.
You will be part of a small group of students which will be led by a First Year Mentor. Together, you will share in the experience of team-building, learning how to get involved at LTU, and develop leadership skills within you! During the two days, you will also be able to interact with University administrators and alumni that work with students here at LTU!