Accommodations are determined and provided on an individual basis. Some accommodations that are available to our students are:
- Extended time for tests
- Our office measures extended time in percentages (50%, 100%, 150%, etc.)
- Reduced Distraction testing environment
- Assistance with acquiring PDF/Audio Textbooks
- See 'Alternate-Format Textbooks' tab on the right for more information.
- Assistive Technology
- Smart Pens, Kurzweil 3000, Dragon NauturallySpeaking, etc.
- Referral to area resources
Accommodation Memos, see an example here, will be sent to faculty each semester detailing the student’s afforded accommodations. These memos are based on the student’s documentation and discussion of accommodations within their intake meeting. There is no mention of a student’s documented disability listed on the memo per confidentiality of students’ information.
Disability Housing & Meal Plan Accommodations
To learn more about accommodations in relation to LTU's Housing and Meal Plans, please see the following links from the 'Disability Services' drop-down menu on the right.
ADDITIONAL CAMPUS RESOURCES
For confidential counseling in crisis/stress management, personal development, and education in mental health problems, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 248.204.4100.