Dr. Yu (Tony) Zhang
Department of Accounting and Finance
Buell Management Building M319
Tony Zhang is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Accounting and Finance at Lawrence Technological University. Dr. Zhang received his Ph.D. in Accounting from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2015. Prior to that, he obtained his Bachelor of Commerce in Finance and his Master of Science in Finance, both from Concordia University, Canada.
Dr. Zhang’s current research interests include financial reporting quality, political connection, and audit quality. His working papers have been presented at different academic conferences, and his research on value relevance has been published in China Accounting and Finance Review. He has also been invited to be an ad-hoc reviewer for Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance. Dr. Zhang is currently a member of the American Accounting Association and the Canadian Academic Accounting Association.
- Financial Reporting Quality, Political Connection, Audit Quality
- D. in Accounting, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2015
- Sc. in Finance, Concordia University, 2010
- Com. in Finance, Concordia University, 2006
Selected Publications and Working Papers:
- Lee, W. J., & Zhang, Y. (2014). Accounting Valuation and Cross-sectional Stock Returns in China. China Accounting and Finance Review 16(2), 155-170.
- Cheng, C. A., Li, S., Saffar, W., & Zhang, Y. (2014). CEO Campaign Contribution Channels and Financial Reporting Quality. Working Paper, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Presented at European Accounting Association (EAA) Annual Congress 2015, Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) Annual Conference 2015, and American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Meeting 2015
- Zhang, Y. (2013). CEO-CFO Career Heterogeneity and Horizon Problem: Evidence from the Pre- and Post-Sarbanes-Oxley Eras. Working Paper, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Presented at Canadian Academic Accounting Association (CAAA) Annual Conference 2013
- Chen, J., Dong, W., Li, S., & Zhang, Y. (2015). Perceived Audit Quality, State Ownership and Stock Price Delay: Evidence from China. Working Paper, Zhejiang University.