This dual degree results in a first professional NAAB accredited Master's in Architecture and an accredited Master's in Business Administration. The degree includes courses from both disciplines along with a thesis guided by architecture and business faculty. Prerequisites to this program include a B.S. in Architecture as well as several prerequisite courses in business.
The first step toward advancing a more humane and sustainable global community is education. Making the choice to apply for admission to Lawrence Tech's College of Management will further your educational objectives and make it possible to achieve both your personal and professional goals.
Applications are accepted year round for admission to Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Certificate programs have the same admission requirements as master's programs.
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants holding a master's degree or who have been previously admitted to a master level program.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants who hold a bachelor degree or equivalent who have obtained a minimum GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate course work. For applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0, a GMAT or other assessment tool may be required.
- All international students are required to take the TOEFL, or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. We require a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS. International students holding degrees from colleges and universities in countries where English is the native language, may request to be exempt from English proficiency testing. For more information about taking the TOEFL, or IELTS including finding a test site near you, please refer to the TOEFL website, or IELTS website.
- Submit a completed application form and fee.
- Provide official transcripts from every college or university attended.
- Submit a professional resume.
Applicants who have exceptional merit but do not meet all admission criteria may be admitted under special circumstances determined by the Admissions Committee. Applicants who meet the admission requirements, but whose supporting documentation (e.g. academic transcripts) are still pending may be admitted conditionally.
*Letters of Recommendation, transcripts and independent test scores must come directly from the institution or person to: Office of Graduate Admissions, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West Ten Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075-1058. Candidates are notified by mail of the outcome of their applications.
Transfer Credit Procedure
A petition for transfer credits should be initiated by the student in the form of a letter addressed to Office of the Dean, Graduate Programs, and made prior to completion of the first semester of the graduate program. Twelve semester credits are the maximum accepted by Lawrence Tech's College of Management for the M.B.A. program and nine semester credits for the other graduate programs. These courses must be graduate-level courses taken at an accredited college/university. Each course generally must have been taken within seven years of application for admission. A grade of 3.00 or better must have been earned--"passed/not passed," "pass/fail," or "pass/no entry" grades are not acceptable.
Students may be required to submit additional evidence (e.g., course syllabi, catalog descriptions and tests/examinations) in order to justify transfer of credits. The Management Graduate Admissions Committee may require the applicant to demonstrate proficiency in the subject either through an interview or written examination prepared by faculty members who have expertise in the subject/discipline.
This program can be completed entirely online except for the Master Class studio that can be completed on 10 Fridays during the summer or on 4 weekends during the summer plus a field trip. A brief overview of curriculum taught in each course can be found in the online Course Descriptions catalog or by clicking on individual course items. To complete the MBA/MARC dual degree, a student must satisfy the minimum requirement of 54 credit hours. Program prerequisite courses cannot be applied toward the minimum requirement.
MBA Courses (27 credit hours)
(Some MBA courses have online option)
MARC courses (27 credits)
Total number of credits required for MBA/MARC:
27 MBA core courses
27 MARC core courses
54 credit hours
* FOUNDATION REQUIRED FOR STUDENTS WITHOUT UNDERGRADUATE
COURSE IN BUSINESS OR RELEVANT BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
MBA Foundation Courses (0-15 credit hours)
PLEASE NOTE: all courses ending in 1T are 1.5 credit hour courses
* TO COMPLETE THE MBA/MARC DUAL DEGREE, A STUDENT MUST SATISFY THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT OF 54 CREDIT HOURS. PROGRAM PREREQUISITE COURSES CANNOT BE APPLIED TOWARD THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT.
This dual degree program can be completed primarily online.
Find out more here...
Need assistance? Contact one of the student relationship advisors 248.204.3050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.