What Other Campuses are Doing
There are numerous guides and websites at other universities which detail the issues of the TEACH Act and Fair Use.
Here are some of the best:
The Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) has an excellent brochure and chart PDFs page that can be downloaded in color or black and white. Though a good overview, some answers are too generic for specific situations.
ACRL also has a good FAQ page for both in-classroom and online-classroom instructors.
- Ball State University is a known center of copyright information: review their copyright office information. Includes forms and checklists.
- North Carolina State University has a very worthwhile “toolkit” that includes a useful general copyright checklist.
- University of Texas System has a fast intro to copyright, but also has a “crash course” of programmed learning with an audio track.
- Pennsylvania State University has an excellent selection of audio PowerPoints to help understand the Teach Act and its compliance.
- Indiana University - Purdue University - Indianapolis has a fine website that covers everything about copyright.