There are a variety of forms that will assist you in your enrollment transactions at Lawrence Technological University. For your convenience, these forms are available in .PDF format. To view these .PDF pages it will require that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader ® installed on your PC.

If you do not have Adobe Reader installed, you may click here to install it now.

Information Update

Name and Address Change  >>> Use this form if you would like to update your name and/or address.

OPT Information Update  >>> Use this form while you are on OPT to update the International Programs Office of any changes in your personal or employment information.

Travel Notification Form  >>> Use this form if you are planning to leave the country.

Authorization to Disclose >>> Use this form to authorize LTU to release information relating to you as a student at LTU to another individual.

Academic Authorization

F-1 Extension Request  >>> Use this form when you need an extension of your program of study. Your academic advisor will need to fill this out; do not fill it out yourself. 

J-1 Extension Request  >>> Additional form required for students on a J-1 visa who need an extension of their program of study.

Transfer Out Form  >>> Use this form when transferring OUT of Lawrence Tech.

Reduced Course Load Authorization  >>> Use this form to request authorization for a reduced course load.

Employment Authorization

CPT Request Form  >>> Use this document to request CPT. It contains information about CPT, the application process, and the forms and documents required to receive CPT authorization.

Guide to OPT  >>> Use this document to request OPT. It contains information about OPT, the application process, and the forms and documents required to apply for OPT authorization. You will also need USCIS Form I-765 - see below.

OPT STEM Extension  >>> Use this document to request the OPT STEM EXTENSION.  It contains information about the STEM extension, the application process, and the forms and documents required to apply for authorization.  You will also need the USCIS Form I-765- see below.

USCIS Form I-765  >>> U.S. government's application for employment authorization, including OPT. If applying for OPT, you will also need the Guide to OPT - see above.

J-1 Academic Training  >>> Use this document if you are on a J-1 visa and seeking employment authorization.

General Information

International Students and SSN >>> Informational handout from the U.S. Social Security Administration explaining what is required for an international student to obtain a Social Security Number.

SS-5 Application for SSN  >>> U.S. Social Security Administration's form to apply for a Social Security Number. The Office of International Programs strongly advises reading the "International Students and SSN" handout -- see above.

Required Documents for a Driver's License  >>> From the Michigan Secretary of State's Office, a list of the various documents that are required to obtain a Michigan driver's license. Find more information about obtaining a Michigan Driver's License from the Michigan Secretary of State.

Travel Tips >>>  Helpful information when traveling abroad.

Travel to Canada  >>> Informational handout on how to travel to Canada. .

Dependent Request Form  >>> Complete this form and submit proper documentation if you wish to bring your spouse or child to the U.S. on a F2 Visa.

Medical Facilities  >>> List of local medical facilities. .

Places of Worship  >>> List of local places of worship for different religions.

Contact us:

Office Location: C405, A. Alfred Taubman Student Service Center
Phone: 248.204.4100
Fax: 248.204.4115