Lawrence Technological University (LTU) endeavors to exercise care and prudence in the handling of personal information, including data gathered on LTU’s website (www.ltu.edu). This privacy statement explains how LTU collects, protects and utilizes that information. This privacy statement applies only to the Office of Human Resources.
In order for us to provide you with Lawrence Technological University services, we sometimes need to collect personal data to process activities such as your student applications, activities upon admission; for your accounts and in aggregate form, to track and analyze site usage.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for these purposes, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
The personal information that Lawrence Technological University collects will depend on how you are using Lawrence Technological University websites and services.
- The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Employment Administration (i.e., Background check, E-verify, HRIS),
- Benefits Administration (i.e., HRIS, Image Now, Insurance Providers, Third Party Administrators, Benefit Providers,
- Benefits Agent/Broker)
- Payroll processing
- As you visit our human resources websites, we also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac), and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- To enable your access to the Lawrence Technological University services, we may collect information concerning the your internet protocol address, your username and password, or other authentication methods, such as Shibboleth.
- Lawrence Technological University may be legally obligated to collect, process and provide your personally identifiable information to third parties. Examples of requirements include:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), Michigan Employment Security (MES) Act, US Department of Education, Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), US Department of Labor, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
- Other State and Federal Agencies as required
- Sarbanes–Oxley Act
You will need to provide sufficient information, such as your name and other possible identifying information, as a security precaution.
Lawrence Technological University
Office of Human Resources
21000 West Ten Mile Road
Southfield, MI, 48075-1058
1 800 CALL LTU or 1 248 204-2151
(1 800 225 5588)
Last updated on 05/23/2018