College of Engineering
Posted Monday, August 29, 2022
JOB TITLE: Secretary
POSITION NUMBER: SE9974
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Dean of Engineering
DEPARTMENT: Engineering Dean’s Office/Architectural Engineering
Provides general administrative support to the Office of the Engineering Dean and the Architectural/Engineering Program and faculty. This position will report to the Administrative Assistant to the Engineering Dean and will provide support to the administrative assistant in daily office activities.
- Schedules rooms and meetings, assists in travel reports, minor purchases, and student requests.
- With review of Program Chair, handles all initial departmental communications with students regarding acceptance, graduation petitions, and exit interviews.
- Assists in all degree audits.
- Other clerical duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with procedures used in Higher Education a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree and a minimum of three years office experience.
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) conducts pre-employment screening on initial candidates for all positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, license, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Lawrence Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.