Assistant Professor-Physician Assistant Program
College of Arts and Sciences
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2022
JOB TITLE: Assistant Professor-Physician Assistant Program
POSITION NUMBER: AS9894
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Director of the PA Program
DEPARTMENT: Natural Sciences/Physician Assistant Program
A faculty member (Assistant/Associate Professor) will have the primary responsibility of assisting with the implementation, evaluation, and revision of the didactic and clinical curriculum. This individual will be responsible for presenting lectures and laboratory instruction, developing and grading examinations and assignments, and recruiting guest lecturers. He/ she will also be actively involved with student advising and admissions, faculty meetings or committees, and scholarly activity.
- 12-month, full-time academic position (11 months with 4 weeks vacation included).
- Participate in development, implementation, evaluation, and revision of didactic and clinical phase curriculum.
- Participate in the ARC-PA provisional accreditation application, self-study, process, and site visits. Also participate in future continuing accreditation application and maintenance.
- Course direct specific didactic courses as assigned by Program Director.
- Recruit and orient appropriate lecturers for didactic courses.
- Instruct PA students in areas of knowledge and expertise.
- Participate in academic advising of PA students.
- Participate in student applicant recruitment, admissions, student interviewing and student selection.
- Participate in laboratory instruction during didactic and clinical phase of program.
- Perform selected site visits of student advisees as required.
- Participate in student evaluation by grading written assignments, written examinations, OSCEs, practical skill competencies, and oral presentations.
- Participate in faculty meetings and other meetings/committees and retreats, and department, college, and university committees.
- Maintain NCCPA or appropriate NP certification and licensure and participate in professional development opportunities ongoing including diversity, equity and inclusion training.
- Participate in appropriate local, state, and national physician assistant educational and professional associations and conferences.
- Participate in clinical practice and professional development activities and scholarly activities depending on tenure-track or non-tenure track position. To be determined by the department Program Director.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity to be a role-model for physician assistant students.
- Participate in simulation activities in the program.
- Review the mission, program goals and program competencies annually with the program team.
- Participate in student remediation of advisees for both the didactic and clinical phases of the program.
- Participate in program self-assessment, data collection and program analysis.
- Agree not to participate as medical provider for students enrolled in the PA program.
- Coordination of and participation in community service and/or service learning associated with the Physician Assistant program and coordinate and oversee IPE recruitment and coordination throughout the program.
- Assist the Program director in the oversight of program fiscal management.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Program Director.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited physician assistant, nurse practitioner or medical program.Master’s degree required. Doctoral degree encouraged.
- Current NCCPA, NP certification or medical license.
- Minimum of three years clinical experience as a practicing PA, NP or physician. Teaching experience in clinician education strongly preferred.
- Clinical practice licensure in the state.
- Strong commitment to fulfill mission statement of department, college, and university.
- 3+ years of clinical experience.
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) conducts pre-employment screening on initial candidates for all positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, license, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Lawrence Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ARC-PA has granted Accreditation-Provisional status to the Lawrence Technological University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Lawrence Technological University. Accreditation-Provisional is an accreditation status granted when the plans and resource allocation, if fully implemented as planned, of a proposed program that has not yet enrolled students appear to demonstrate the program’s ability to meet the ARC-PA Standards or when a program holding Accreditation-Provisional status appears to demonstrate continued progress in complying with the Standards as it prepares for the graduation of the first class (cohort) of students. Accreditation-Provisional does not ensure any subsequent accreditation status. It is limited to no more than five years from matriculation of the first class. The program’s accreditation history can be viewed on the ARC-PA website at http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation-history-lawrence-technological-university/