College of Engineering
Posted Monday, June 27, 2022
JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
POSITION NUMBER: LT9997
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Department Chair
DIVISON: College of Engineering
DEPARTMENT: Electrical & Computer Engineering
The primary responsibility of this position will be the maintenance of and assistance in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) laboratories. To support all research projects within the ECE Department. Administer safety training for new lab users.
- Assist the ECE Department Chair to meet department needs.
- Support all research projects within the ECE Department.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment within the lab including machine maintenance.
- Coordinate multiple projects to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Support all Electrical and Computer Engineering professors and labs.
- Collaborate with ECE students to refine their designs for proper practices and techniques.
- Coordinate labs operating hours in accordance with student needs.
- Compile inventory and order requisitions for lab consumables and equipment.
- Prepare and execute ECE portion of Engineering Exploration Day.
- Recommend upgrades for laboratory and computer equipment to ECE Department Chair.
- Maintain laboratory safety records and training documents.
- Design circuit schematics and printed circuit boards for department projects. Perform through-hole and surface-mount soldering.
- Troubleshoot and repair laboratory and computer equipment for ECE Department.
- Fill-in for ECE Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Process requisitions.
- Complete other duties as assigned (e.g. University student-related events).
- On occasion, the Dean of Engineering may assign college tasks outside of the Electrical Engineering Department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. The employee in this position must be technically inclined, have good organizational skills and be able to communicate with individuals of various educational backgrounds. The employee must anticipate lab needs and provide an inventory system for lab supplies.
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) conducts pre-employment screening on initial candidates for all positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, license, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Lawrence Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.