Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship
College of Arts and Sciences
Posted Tuesday, March 1, 2022
JOB TITLE: Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship
POSITION NUMBER: AD9910
HIRING SUPERVISOR: Dean of Arts and Sciences
DIVISION: College of Arts and Sciences
DEPARTMENT: Dean’s Office
SUMMARY: The College of Arts and Sciences at Lawrence Technological University seeks nominations and applications for a full-time Associate Dean for Research and Scholarship. Directly reporting to the Dean of the college, the Associate Dean will work with the Dean, other Associate Deans, Chairs, and faculty on all issues related to college governance and administration including faculty development, tenure and promotion recommendations, research-support, and research infrastructure.
JOB DUTIES: We are seeking candidates who have the ability and experience to advance the university and college goals of enhancing the quality and quantity of research activity and creative endeavors as well as external funding for research. The specific responsibilities of the Associate Dean are:
- Helping the college to attain the goals for research outlined in the university’s strategic plan.
- Serving as the college’s primary liaison to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, including serving on committees ranging from internal funding competitions, research compliance, and research policy development
- Overseeing the allocation of financial support from the college for faculty research, travel, equipment, and start-up funds.
- Evaluating and approving budgets for grant proposals.
- Serving as college representative on campus-wide committees that oversee the allocation of space and working with department Chairs on the allocation of office and research space for all college personnel.
- Serving as the college’s primary liaison to facilities to discuss progress of renovations and repairs as well as on all major construction projects involving the college.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have a Ph.D./terminal degree in one of the disciplines represented in the College of Arts and Sciences. Applicants are expected to be a tenured professor or an associate professor with a minimum of five years of experience. Demonstrable success in research and scholarship in the form of external grant funding, books, monographs, peer-reviewed articles, and/or invited international conference presentations is required. Previous academic leadership experience as Chair or Associate Chair and as a principal investigator on one or more competitive awards is highly desired. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate and graduate education and diversity, equity, and inclusion. The candidate will maintain an active research program and teach one course per semester.
Lawrence Technological University (LTU) conducts pre-employment screening on initial candidates for all positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, license, certifications, and/or verification of work history.
Lawrence Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send as a single PDF file: a cover letter describing interest and qualifications for the position, a complete and updated CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research interests and goals, list of five professional references, and reprints of three representative, peer-reviewed publications to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Salary will be commensurate with experience and includes a generous compensation and benefits package; the start date is negotiable but cannot be later than July 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled; for full consideration, applications must be received by April 30, 2022.