Click on each section for more information.


  • Review all Housing Renewal information on the web and in this document.
  • Determine your desired roommates and building for next year.
  • Complete necessary forms PRIOR to Renewal and print them out.
  • Come to Housing Renewal on your scheduled date and time. The earlier you come during that time, the better your chances are of getting your preferred room type. Lines will form earlier than the start time; however, we will not begin the process until the stated time.
  • Bring your PRINTED, completed housing application, Housing Renewal Card, any other necessary forms, and your LTU student ID.
  • You will be able to choose from available rooms/spaces from a diagram of all available spaces/rooms.
  • If you are also applying for summer housing please complete the summer housing application and bring it with you to Housing Renewal to turn in. If you are living in Donley in the fall, you will be placed in the same room for summer. If you are placed in Reuss or South for the fall, the Office of University Housing will place you into your summer room at a later time and will inform you of your placement. Please see review all information about summer under the Summer Link.

Housing Updates and Reminders for 2019 - 2020

  • Early Arrivals for the Fall 2019 for approved fall athletes is Friday, August 9, 2019. For the full list of approved early arrivals click here.
  • Move in for upperclassmen will take place on Saturday, August 24, 2019 and Sunday, August 25, 2019. More information for Upperclassmen and Transfer Student move in is located here.
  • Early arrivals for the Fall will be limited and approval is needed within a month of request of move-in date. The request can be found here.
  • To ensure the proper use and care of our apartments, University Housing will continue to perform room inspections next year once per semester unless needed on a more frequent basis.
  • To ensure that University Housing and Campus Facilities are able to keep up and repair any damage, vandalism, etc. that may occur to apartments and common areas, students will be held accountable for all costs for any damage done to the apartment and all residents of a floor or the entire building will incur the cost of common area damages as stated in the guidelines.
  • All residence halls will be closed for Winter Semester break. If you need to stay over break you will have to apply to stay and pay a fee. Please see Winter Break tab for more information.
  • All residence halls are completely smoke free, and Lawrence Technological University is a smoke free campus.
  • You must maintain full time status to live in housing (undergraduate students 12 credits, graduate students at least one class). Failure to do so will result in removal from housing.
  • You will receive notification in July of your housing assignment. University Housing reserves the right to change your assignment if necessary.

*Each student is responsible and required for reading the Housing Guidelines at the beginning of each school year to inform them on any changes in housing. They can be located here.

Housing Renewal Reminders for 2019 - 2020

  • There will be no same room sign up. 
  • Single rooms will not be available for the 2019-2020 academic year.
  • If you need a single room for medical reasons, you must contact the Office of Disability Services PRIOR to Housing Renewal. All paperwork and accommodations must be in place prior to Renewal or you may not be able to be accommodated. More information on Disability Accommodations for housing can be found here.
  • You do not need to pay the $250 housing deposit again. This deposit must be paid before renewal or you will not be able to sign up for housing.

Available Floors for Returning Students

Donley Hall 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors
Reuss Hall A pod, B pod, C pod, D pod, and E pod
South Hall 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th floors

Note: If you will be remaining for the summer and are living in Donley Hall, your fall room will be your summer room. If you are remaining for the summer and living in Reuss or South Hall, your summer room will be assigned to you.

Roommate Information

  • If you want to live with a roommate who has a different housing renewal time than yours, you can both come during the earliest person's time slot.
  • All intended roommates must be present to sign up, or a roommate can authorize one of the other roommates/residents to act as their proxy by putting their proxy's name on the bottom of their Housing Renewal Card.
  • If an intended roommate currently lives off campus, they may sign up during the resident's earliest time as long as they complete a University Housing application/contract and submit the $250 application fee prior to the time of sign up.

Proxy Information

  • If you cannot attend Housing Renewal during your time, you may find a friend to act as a proxy in your place.
  • You must place your proxy’s name on the bottom of your Housing Renewal Card and sign your card.
  • Your proxy will need their student ID.
  • Please choose someone who you trust to act as your proxy. This person will be authorized to select the room you will be living in next year, and their choice will be final unless you come to the make up day to change rooms if availability allows.
  • You must give your proxy your housing application, Housing Renewal card and any other necessary documents to turn in.
  • Proxies may not sign up for the intended roommates of the person they are representing (unless they have also been designated as proxy for those people), nor may they sign up for themselves on the time slot of the person they are representing, unless they will be that person’s roommate.

Co-Ed, Over Occupied Apartments, and Roommate Alcohol Policy

  • Co-ed living and over occupied apartments are allowed on any returning student floor in both buildings.
  • In order to request this, all students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in the Co-Ed Policy form or the Over Occupancy Policy form at Housing Renewal.
  • Each apartment must be filled to maximum capacity at all times for co-ed rooms. If at any time someone moves out of a co-ed apartment, it is the responsibility of the existing roommates to find a new roommate. If you are unable to do so, the apartment will be converted back to single gender and the Office of University Housing may reassign you to another space.
  • The Office of University Housing would never place a student into a co-ed living apartment unless it was mutually agreed upon by all of the roommates.
  • There are no discounts for over occupied rooms.
  • Students who will be living with each other where some residents are 21 and others are younger than 21 must sign the Alcohol and Roommate Policy to ensure they all understand university alcohol policies. This must be signed brought to housing renewal.

Waiting List

  • Once a specific room type is filled, we will start a waiting list for that room type. If you desire to live in a room type that was not available during your housing renewal time, please indicate that you wish to be placed on the waiting list for that room type during housing renewal.
  • The Office of University Housing will attempt to accommodate requests throughout the summer and into the academic year. If at any time you wish to remove your request off of the waitlist, please notify the Office of University Housing in writing.


  • During housing renewal, the consolidation policy will be in effect. If there is a space in a room type that you are requesting, you must fill that space unless there is not enough space for you and your mutually requested roommate(s).
  • If there are not enough available spaces in the same room for you and your requested roommates(s), then another room will be opened up if one is available.

Official Room Assignment Notification

  • The Office of University Housing makes every attempt to keep you in the room that you signed into during Housing Renewal. However, sometimes a need arises that necessitates your reassignment.
  • You will receive notification by mail or email by mid to late July of your room assignment for the fall. Be sure to check your email over the summer for important information about your housing assignment.

Contract Cancellation

    Should you desire to cancel your housing contract once you submit it, please be advised of the following:
    • Our cancellation policy has changed slightly please see our Contract Cancellation page for more details.
    • Approved cancellations before July 31st will receive a full refund and no cancellation fee. However, you will forfeit your housing deposit.
    • Approved cancellations after August 1st until August 26th will receive a full refund but will be assessed a $250 cancellation fee and will forfeit your housing deposit.
    • Approved cancellations after the first day of classes will be assessed a $500 cancellation fee and will forfeit your housing deposit and will be refunded according to the refund schedule.
    • Please read the terms and conditions of the application and contract carefully.

More information regarding contract cancellations can be found here.

Arbor Lofts

  • Please see the Arbor Lofts Fact Sheet for more information.
  • You will be able to sign up for Arbor Lofts during housing renewal if you are eligible to live there.


Important Renewal Documents

Current Student Application

If you are returning to Housing for the 2019-2020 school year, please fill out and bring the printed form to Housing Renewal.

Summer Housing Application

If you want to stay in housing over the summer, you must be enrolled in at least one class at LTU. Fill out and bring the printed form to housing renewal. If you are not returning for the fall but would like to stay for the summer semester, you do not have to come to housing renewal and can turn this in at the housing office or via email.

Alcohol and Roommate Policy

This policy and contract should be signed if any resident in the room will be 21 or older by the time the Fall semester begins or if any resident will turn 21 during the school year. All residents must be aware and comply with the alcohol policies as stated in the Student Code of Conduct and the University Housing Guidelines

Co-Ed Policy

All students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in this contract form. Each apartment must be filled to maximum capacity at all times.
This option is for upperclassmen only.

Over Occupancy Room

All students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in this contract form. All students recognize that it is his/her choice to live in an over occupied room and therefore, no discount will be given.

Roommate Survey

If you have not chosen specific roommates, please fill out this form and turn it in with your completed Housing Application.