Housing Renewal 2022 Information
Click on each section for more information.
- Review all Housing Renewal information on the website, in the email sent by University Housing, and in the Housing Renewal 2022 Procedures Document.
- All students living in housing are required to have a meal plan.
- Exceptions are only made for students who live in Arbor Lofts or who have an approved accommodation through Disability Services.
- Determine your desired roommates and building for next year.
- Complete all necessary forms, which include:
- Housing Application - Each roommate will need to complete their own application.
- Roommate Request & Room Preference Form
- This form allows students to rank their building preferences and provide specific potential rooms. Please refer to the floor plans of each building to see available rooms.
- Only one form is needed per room, if you have already planned who your roommates will be.
- Failure to complete this form will result in Housing staff placing you based on any preferences listed on your housing application or in any available space.
- If you do not have roommates planned for next year, please complete the Roommate Survey so we can find you the best possible roommate.
- Co-ed Policy Form
- This form is only necessary if you plan to live in a co-ed room next year.
- Please remember, the room must be full to request a co-ed room. Only one form is needed for the room.
- Over Occupancy Form
- This form is only necessary if you plan to live in an over-occupied room next year.
- Residents who wish to stay during Summer 2022 must submit a Summer Housing Application in addition to the Fall Housing Application. More information can be found on our Summer Application page.
- On your assigned Housing Renewal Day, you will bring an dsubmit your completed forms to the Welcome Center, C406, in the Taubman Student Services building.
- If you are signing up with roommates, you must designate ONE person to submit all forms for all roommates.
- All forms must be printed and filled out by each roommate.
- More information regarding the schedule for renewal can be found on the Renewal Schedule page.
- Applications submitted after 4pm on April 8th, 2022 will be placed after all other placements have been made.
- The Office of University Housing will be placing all students based on the following criteria:
- Your assigned date to sign up/class ranking
- Place in line - all applications will be numbered in the order of your place in line.
- Preferred building and room options.
- As applications are received, they will be numbered and placed in order for that day's group.
- For example, if you have senior status and are the first person to submit your application, you and your roommates will be placed first during the senior placement round. If you are the fifth senior to email your application throughout the week, you and your roommates will be placed fifth during the senior placement round, etc.
- The Office of University Housing will look at your preferences marked on the Roommate Request and Room Preference Form.
- For example, if you marked your first choice as a Donley 2-bedroom apartment, and put three specific room choices, depending on your assigned day and place in line, you will either get one of your room choices, or we will try to give you the same room number on a different floor.
- If none of your room choices are available, but the building is, we will try to place you in a different room within the same building.
- If all rooms are full in your first building choice, we will then place you in your second, or possibly third choice building, depending on spaces available.
- Please remember, the Roommate Request and Room Preferences form is a guide for Housing staff regarding your preferences, and placement in specific spaces is not guaranteed.
- Building Requirements
- Arbor Lofts - Only Graduates, Seniors, and Juniors are eligible to live at Arbor Lofts. If your Fall 2022 status states you will be at Junior status in the fall, yoiu may sign up for Arbor Lofts.
- Donley Hall - priority will be given to those whose room will be occupied by ALL Graduates, Seniors, Juniors, or those who will be Juniors in the fall. If you sign up with a current freshman or sophomore who will still be at freshman or sophomore status in the fall, you will be placed in Donley Hall if there is space after priority placements are made.
- For example, if a Senior and Junior status student sign up with two students who will only be at Sophomore standing in the Fall, they will be placed at the end of the Junior day once priority is given to those who are signing up with all eligible roommates (all Juniors and above).
- Your class ranking is based on credits completed. Current (Spring 2021) credits are not counted. Placement rounds will go in the following order, by class level:
- Graduate Student
- Senior: 90 or more credits
- Junior: 60 - 89 credits
- Sophomore: 30 - 59 credits
- Freshmen: 0 - 29 credits
- Your fall status on your card will only be used to determine if you are eligible to live in Arbor Lofts, or for priority placement in Donley Hall - priority placement in Donley Hall is explained above.
- Do Not contact the Office of University Housing in regards to where you were placed once the week of renewal is over. All students will receive their placement via email in July. We will not respond to any email inquiries about placement.
- Waitlist Procedure
- If you receive your placement in July, and did not get your building of choice, you may then email a Waitlist Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not accept waitlist forms for a different room number within the same building you were assigned.
Housing Renewal Tips and Reminders
- Download all of the forms you will need to your computer and save them.
- Print your forms double-sided (front and back) to reduce paper use.
- Any forms submitted before your assigned date will not be accepted.
- Once your forms are submitted, they will be numbered with your place in line. This is the order in which Housing will assign your room.
- Single rooms are not available unless you have a pre-approved accommodation from the Office of Disability Services prior to Housing Renewal.
- All returning students will receive their placement via their LTU email in July. DO NOT contact the Housing Office prior to this for your placement. Inquiries regarding placement before placement emails are sent out will not be answered.
- Upperclassmen move-in will be August 20th and 21st, 2022.
- To live in University Housing, you must be a registered full-time student, and must maintain the proper amount of credits throughout the semester.
*Each student is responsible and required for reading the Housing Guidelines at the beginning of each school year to inform them on any changes in housing. They can be located here.
Available Floors for Returning Students
||Note: All rooms in all buildings are available except RA Rooms, which are listed below.
Do not request a room with one of these numbers on your Room and Roommate Preference Form.
||RA Rooms are the 07s and 16s.
||RA Rooms are the 108s and 201s.
For 2021 - 2022, E Pod is not available for renewal.
||RA Rooms are the 10s
The 1st floor and 9th floor and all of the 00, 01, 02 and 03 rooms are offline and not available for renewal.
Please review the floor plans of each building to request a specific room.
- Each roommate must complete their own Housing Application, but only one roommate within a room should bring all of the applications and forms on their assigned day.
- If one of your roommates lived off campus this year, they can still submit an application during housing renewal week. Please be sure to include them on your application and the Roommate Request and Room Preference Form.
- You should place your desired roommates on your housing application.
- You and your roommates only need to submit one Roommate Request and Room Preference Form. Make sure you discuss potential room numbers with your roommates.
- If you don't have a roommate, you should still fill out the Roommate Request and Room Preference Form to secure your specific building and room number preferences.
- If you don't have a roommate, please submit a Roommate Survey. Even if you have submitted one in the past, we ask that you resubmit a new form each year during Renewal.
- Rooms Occupied by residents who are over and under 21
- Rooms that occupy students where one or more residents are 21 or older and at least one or more is younger than 21 are permitted.
- Rooms with mixed ages must be agreed upon and mutually requested by all roommates involved, and they must turn in the Alcohol & Roommate Policy and Contract form during the first week of the Fall semester.
- This policy is in place to ensure that all residents of the room understand and agree to the University Code of Conduct and University Housing Guidelines alcohol policies.
Co-Ed and Over Occupied Apartments
- Co-ed living and over occupied apartments are allowed on any returning student floor in both buildings.
- In order to request this, all students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in the Co-Ed Policy form or the Over Occupancy Policy form at Housing Renewal.
- Each apartment must be filled to maximum capacity at all times for co-ed rooms. If at any time someone moves out of a co-ed apartment, it is the responsibility of the existing roommates to find a new roommate. If you are unable to do so, the apartment will be converted back to single gender and the Office of University Housing may reassign you to another space.
- The Office of University Housing would never place a student into a co-ed living apartment unless it was mutually agreed upon by all of the roommates.
- There are no discounts for over occupied rooms.
- During housing renewal, the consolidation policy will be in effect. If there is a space in a room type that you are requesting, you must fill that space unless there is not enough space for you and your mutually requested roommate(s).
- If there are not enough available spaces in the same room for you and your requested roommates(s), then another room will be opened up if one is available.
Official Room Assignment Notification
- If you receive your placement in July and did not get your building of choice, you may then email a Waitlist Form to email@example.com.
- We will not accept waitlist forms for a different room number within the same building you were assigned.
- The Office of University Housing makes every attempt to keep you in the room that you signed into during Housing Renewal. However, sometimes a need arises that necessitates your reassignment.
- You will receive notification by mail or email by mid to late July of your room assignment for the fall. Be sure to check your email over the summer for important information about your housing assignment.
Should you desire to cancel your housing contract once you submit it, please be advised of the following:
- Approved cancellations before July 31st will receive a full refund and no cancellation fee. However, you will forfeit your housing deposit.
- Approved cancellations after August 1st until August 21st will receive a full refund but will be assessed a $250 cancellation fee and will forfeit your housing deposit.
- Approved cancellations after the first day of classes will be assessed a $500 cancellation fee and will forfeit your housing deposit and will be refunded according to the refund schedule.
- Please read the terms and conditions of the application and contract carefully.
More information regarding contract cancellations can be found here.
Important Renewal Documents
Current Student Application
Please complete and email the Housing Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All students who want to live on campus for the 2020-2021 academic year must complete a Housing Application.
Room and Roommate Preference Form
Summer Housing Application
All students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in this contract form. Each apartment must be filled to maximum capacity at all times.
This option is for upperclassmen only.
Over Occupancy Room
All students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in this contract form. All students recognize that it is his/her choice to live in an over occupied room and therefore, no discount will be given.
If you have not chosen specific roommates, please fill out this form and turn it in with your completed Housing Application.