Click on each section for more information.
- Review all Housing Renewal information on the website, in the email sent by University Housing, and in this document.
- Determine your desired roommates and building for next year.
- Complete all necessary forms, which include:
- Housing Application
- Room and Roommate Preference Form
- If you have roommates planned for next year, only one form is necessary for the room.
- If you do not have roommates planned for next year, please complete the Roommate Survey so we can find you the best possible roommate.
- Co-ed Policy Form
- This form is only necessary if you plan to live in a co-ed room next year.
- Over Occupancy Form
- This form is only necessary if you plan to live in an over-occupied room next year.
- Email all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms are accepted starting at 9 AM on April 13, 2020 and ending at 4 PM on April 17, 2020.
- Forms submitted before 9 AM on April 13, 2020 will not be accepted.
- Applications submitted after 4pm on April 17, 2020 will be placed after all other placements have been made.
- If you have roommates planned for next year, you may want to consider having one person email the forms for everyone in the room.
- The Office of University Housing will be placing all students based on the preferences indicated on the Room and Roommate Preference Form
- As applications are received, they will be timestamped.
- Applications will then be placed in order of class level
- Your class level is based on the credits you have earned as of now; credits in progress do not count.
- For example, if you have senior status and are the first person to email your application, you and your roommates will be placed first during the senior placement round.
- Students will be assigned during the placement round of the roommate with the highest class level.
- For example, if a junior, two sophomores, and a freshman are living together, they will be assigned a room during the junior placement round.
- The Office of University Housing will look at your preferences marked on the new Room and Roommate Preferences Form.
- For example, if you marked your first choice as a Donley 2-bedroom apartment, and put three specific room choices, depending on your timestamp, you will either get one of your room choices, or we will try to give you the same room number on a different floor.
- If none of your room choices are available, but the building is, we will try to place you in a different room within the same building.
- If all rooms are full in your first building choice, we will then place you in your second, or possibly third choice building, depending on spaces available.
- Please remember, the Room and Roommate Preferences form is a guide for us regarding your preferences. We will do our best to give each student the best possible rooming situation.
- Students with an approved medical accommodation through the Office of Disability Services will be emailed separately regarding their procedure. However, they should still email all forms during the week of renewal.
- Do Not contact the Office of University Housing in regards to where you were placed once the week of renewal is over. All students will receive their placement via email in July. We will not respond to any email inquiries about placement.
- Wait List Procedure
- If you receive your placement in July, and did not get your building of choice, you may then email a Waitlist Form to email@example.com. We will not accept wait list forms for a different room number within the same building you were assigned.
Housing Updates and Reminders for 2020 - 2021
- Fall 2020 Early Arrival for approved fall athletes is Friday, August 9, 2020. For the full list of approved early arrivals click here.
- Move in for upperclassmen will take place on Saturday, August 22 and Sunday, August 23, 2020. More information for Upperclassmen and Transfer Student move in is located here.
- Early arrivals for the Fall will be limited and approval is needed within a month of request of move-in date. The request can be found here, and must be submitted by August 7, 2020.
- To ensure the proper use and care of our apartments, University Housing will continue to perform room inspections next year once per semester, unless needed on a more frequent basis.
- To ensure that University Housing and Campus Facilities are able to keep up and repair any damage, vandalism, etc. that may occur to apartments and common areas, students will be held accountable for all costs for any damage done to the apartment and all residents of a floor or the entire building will incur the cost of common area damages as stated in the guidelines.
- All residence halls will be closed for Winter Semester break. If you need to stay over break you will have to apply to stay and pay a fee. Please see Winter Break tab for more information.
- All residence halls are completely smoke free, and Lawrence Technological University is a smoke free campus.
- You must maintain full time status to live in housing (undergraduate students 12 credits, graduate students at least one class). Failure to do so will result in removal from housing.
- You will receive notification in July of your housing assignment. University Housing reserves the right to change your assignment if necessary.
*Each student is responsible and required for reading the Housing Guidelines at the beginning of each school year to inform them on any changes in housing. They can be located here.
Housing Renewal Reminders for 2020 - 2021
- There will be no same room sign up.
- Single rooms will not be available for the 2020 - 2021 academic year.
- If you need a single room for medical reasons, you must contact the Office of Disability Services PRIOR to Housing Renewal. All paperwork and accommodations must be in place prior to Renewal or you may not be able to be accommodated. More information on Disability Accommodations for housing can be found here.
- You do not need to pay the $250 housing deposit again. This deposit must be paid before renewal or you will not be able to sign up for housing.
Available Floors for Returning Students
||Note: All rooms in all buildings are available except RA Rooms, which are listed below.
Do not request a room with one of these numbers on your Room and Roommate Preference Form.
||RA Rooms are the 07s and 16s.
||RA Rooms are the 108s and 201s.
||RA Rooms are the 10s
Please review the floor plans of each building to request a specific room.
- Each roommate must submit their own Housing Application.
- If one of your roommates lived off campus this year, they can still submit an application during housing renewal week. Please be sure to include them on your application and the Room and Roommate Preference Form.
- You should place your desired roommates on your housing application.
- You and your roommates only need to submit one Room and Roommate Preference Form. Make sure you discuss potential room numbers with your roommates.
- If you don't have a roommate, you should still fill out the Room and Roommate Preference Form to secure your specific building and room number preferences.
- If you don't have a roommate, please submit a Roommate Survey. If you have submitted one in the past, please still submit an updated form.
Co-Ed and Over Occupied Apartments
- Co-ed living and over occupied apartments are allowed on any returning student floor in both buildings.
- In order to request this, all students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in the Co-Ed Policy form or the Over Occupancy Policy form at Housing Renewal.
- Each apartment must be filled to maximum capacity at all times for co-ed rooms. If at any time someone moves out of a co-ed apartment, it is the responsibility of the existing roommates to find a new roommate. If you are unable to do so, the apartment will be converted back to single gender and the Office of University Housing may reassign you to another space.
- The Office of University Housing would never place a student into a co-ed living apartment unless it was mutually agreed upon by all of the roommates.
- There are no discounts for over occupied rooms.
- During housing renewal, the consolidation policy will be in effect. If there is a space in a room type that you are requesting, you must fill that space unless there is not enough space for you and your mutually requested roommate(s).
- If there are not enough available spaces in the same room for you and your requested roommates(s), then another room will be opened up if one is available.
Official Room Assignment Notification
- If you receive your placement in July and did not get your building of choice, you may then email a Waitlist Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will not accept waitlist forms for a different room number within the same building you were assigned.
- The Office of University Housing makes every attempt to keep you in the room that you signed into during Housing Renewal. However, sometimes a need arises that necessitates your reassignment.
- You will receive notification by mail or email by mid to late July of your room assignment for the fall. Be sure to check your email over the summer for important information about your housing assignment.
Should you desire to cancel your housing contract once you submit it, please be advised of the following:
- Approved cancellations before July 31st will receive a full refund and no cancellation fee. However, you will forfeit your housing deposit.
- Approved cancellations after August 1st until August 23rd will receive a full refund but will be assessed a $250 cancellation fee and will forfeit your housing deposit.
- Approved cancellations after the first day of classes will be assessed a $500 cancellation fee and will forfeit your housing deposit and will be refunded according to the refund schedule.
- Please read the terms and conditions of the application and contract carefully.
More information regarding contract cancellations can be found here.
Important Renewal Documents
Current Student Application
Room and Roommate Preference Form
As a reminder, if you have roommates in mind for next year, you may consider submitting one Room and Roommate Preference Form per room.
Summer Housing Application
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University has decided to move Summer Courses online for Summer 2020. Because of this change, we will not accept Summer Housing applications. Students are encouraged to return home for summer if possible. Students who cannot leave campus, or do not have any other housing options for summer must email email@example.com for more information.
All students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in this contract form. Each apartment must be filled to maximum capacity at all times.
This option is for upperclassmen only.
Over Occupancy Room
All students must agree and mutually request the same roommates and turn in this contract form. All students recognize that it is his/her choice to live in an over occupied room and therefore, no discount will be given.
If you have not chosen specific roommates, please fill out this form and turn it in with your completed Housing Application.