If you are a new student to the University, just accepted, you should apply through your Admissions Slate account.

If you are a current student at the University, you should apply using the application under Current Students in the Apply section.  All undergraduate students enrolled in at least 12 credit hours and all graduate students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours are eligible to live in University Housing. This status must stay maintained to remain in housing

It is important to note that the deposit cannot be covered by financial aid. It is collected to protect against possible damages and outstanding balances. It is not refunded if you are leaving for the summer and will be returning in the Fall as it is held by the University over the summer break to secure your placement for the following academic year. When you move in, you will complete a move-in inspection form and note any problems that were present when you took occupancy. The security deposit will be returned to you if there is no damage to your apartment and no outstanding balances on your student account, after you have permanently move out from housing.

You will receive your placement information in mid-July. If you apply after July 1, we will continue to place residents throughout the summer and mail their placement information to them.

Your Housing charges will be assessed to your student account each semester and must be paid with your tuition and fees payment schedule. Failure to pay on time will result in a $30 late fee per month. You will be billed once your room has been assigned. Any questions about billing can be directed towards Enrollment Services or the DTE One-Stop Center. Also, you should pay your housing deposit as soon as you know you want to live in housing and you turn in your application.

To request to be released from your University Housing contract, you need to submit a Contract Release Request form. For your convenience this form is available in the Office of University Housing or on the Housing website under the Documents section. Please refer to the University Housing application/contract and refund schedule for any applicable contract cancellation fee and refunded amount.

Due to the high demand of students needing housing, LTU is not able to accommodate students who request to live by themselves. However, if there is medical documentation through the Office of Disabilities stating the need for a medical single, accommodation will be met. Any information on this documentation can be found on the Office of Disabilities page.

Beginning the third week of classes, we allow students to request to move rooms. Room change request forms may be obtained from your Residence Hall Coordinator. Requests to move in with a specific student must be a mutual agreement between the students. 

All residential students are required to have a meal plan for every semester they reside on campus. However, if the student lives in Arbor Lofts, the resident does not need to have a meal plan but then can still choose to have one. If residents run out of devil dollars, they can add devil dollars to their account at any time by contacting the Dining Services Office.