East Hall and Reuss Hall Instructions
- Make sure you have removed all belongings from your room.
- Any belongings left in the room will be thrown away and you will be billed for removal of property. University Housing does not offer any storage over the summer.
- Make sure you have cleaned all areas of your room, the desk and dresser drawers, closets, window sills and all furniture, etc.
- Any areas not cleaned will be result in a charge, this includes floors, wiping down furniture, cleaning out drawers, etc.
- You may either check out with the RA or staff working the information desk, or you may turn in an Express Checkout form.
- If the desk is closed, or if staff is not available, you may have to complete the Express Checkout Form.
- You MUST check out 24 hours after your last final, unless you have been given approval for an extended stay, or if you have already made your travel arrangements.
- Fill out your mail forwarding address card and turn it in at the information desk.
- Check your mailbox one last time before turning in your keys.
- Once you or your RA completes your room check, you will sign your RCI and turn in your keys.
- If you are completing an Express Checkout, you will put your keys and your mail forwarding card in the envelope provided with your form and place the entire packet in the Outgoing Mail Slot.
Donley Hall and South Hall Instructions
- Make sure you have removed all belongings from your apartment.
- Any belongings left in the apartment will be thrown away and you will be billed for removal of property. University Housing does not offer any storage over the summer.
- Make sure you have cleaned all areas of your apartment, including the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room, drawers, etc.
- Any areas not cleaned will result in a charge, this includes vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, wiping down counters, cleaning out drawers, etc.
- Go to the Information Desk in your building to check out, or complete an Express Checkout Form.
- If the desk is closed, or if a staff member is not available, you may have to complete an Express Checkout Form
- Verify your summer address and complete a mail forwarding card.
- Sign your ACI, or follow the instructions on the Express Checkout Form.
- Turn in your keys.
- If you are completing an Express Checkout Form, you must turn in your keys and mail forwarding card using the envelope provided with your form and slide the packet under the office door.
Resident Assistants and the University Housing Professional Staff will assess all damage and cleaning charges on your ACI/RCI. Your RA will assess the room condition on your ACI/RCI during your check out.
Repair, cleaning or replacement charges for damaged, dirty or unreturned/missing University Housing property (including keys, laundry cards and furniture) will be billed to the Student Account of the resident.
ALL ROOMMATES WILL BE BILLED AN EQUAL SHARE OF DAMAGE AND CLEANING CHARGES UNLESS the individual who did the damage admits responsibility in writing.
Even if you check out prior to your roommates and when you leave the apartment is clean and there are no damages, all roommates may be billed equally for the damage.
You may email email@example.com to contest the charges as long as you checkout properly with your RA. The Resident Assistants and the Professional Staff will try their best to bill students accordingly but if you have a discrepancy please do not hesitate to contact the Office of University Housing if your student account has been charged.
ALL APPEALS MUST BE SENT TO THE OFFICE OF UNIVERSITY HOUSING AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the Appeals Form.
Residents' Closing Checklist
Residents are required to leave their rooms in a neat and orderly condition before checking out. Following is a checklist of some items/condition the Housing and Campus Facilities staff will be noting as they check your room:
____Furniture: make sure all furniture is put back, arranged properly, and wiped down
____Desk: clean, pull out each drawer, check underneath and behind drawers
____Dresser: clean, pull out each drawer, check underneath and behind drawers
____Bed: assembled and arranged properly. Beds cannot remain bunked.
____Walls: for dirt, holes, nails, tape, paint chips, etc
____Floor swept and cleaned and any tape or gummy residue removed
____Room door: free of all stickers, door tags, flyers, etc. and locked
____Window: closed & locked, window sill wiped down
____All trash removed and taken to the dumpster
____Cable and Ethernet cords left in room on desk