The Student Philanthropy Council (“SPC”) at Lawrence Tech is a group of student volunteers who are dedicated to raising awareness of and appreciation for philanthropic support on campus. Our goal is to foster an “attitude of gratitude” by educating our fellow students about all the ways LTU’s donors impact the Blue Devil experience, promoting volunteerism, and encouraging graduating students to leave their own legacy by contributing to the Senior Class Gift Campaign.
This fund was established to provide assistance to students who experience a sudden and unexpected financial hardship that might otherwise prevent them from continuing their education.
- President: Mateusz Gibiec, Senior, Computer Engineering
- VP of Events: Joe Alvord, Sophomore, Architectural Engineering
- VP of Marketing and Communications: Nick Cuatt, Senior, Architecture
- VP of Membership: Chad Northey, Senior, Mechanical Engineering
- Secretary: Pablo Ripodas, Senior, Mechanical Engineering
- Senior Class Gift Chair: Josh Dirlam, Senior, Business Administration
- Cody Johnston, Freshman, Molecular and Cell Biology/Chemistry
- Max Sabo, Sophomore, Business Administration
- Garrett Vonk, Sophomore, Business Administration
- Dori Watts, Senior, Biomedical Engineering
- Brad Wheeler, Sophomore, Biomedical Engineering
SPC members organize events, campaigns, and other efforts throughout the year that help to celebrate philanthropy at LTU. And through a close-up look at University Advancement operations, members build the skills to become better communicators, fundraisers, and leaders.
As students, and later as alumni, we are stakeholders in Lawrence Tech. If you are ready to make a difference and join us in investing in the success of our university, submit an application to become a member of the Student Philanthropy Council today! Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.