The Student Philanthropy Council (“SPC”) at Lawrence Tech is a group of student volunteers who are dedicated to raising awareness of and appreciation for philanthropic support on campus. Our goal is to foster an “attitude of gratitude” by educating our fellow students about all the ways LTU’s donors impact the Blue Devil experience, promoting volunteerism, and encouraging graduating students to leave their own legacy by contributing to the Senior Class Gift Campaign.
This fund was established to provide assistance to students who experience a sudden and unexpected financial hardship that might otherwise prevent them from continuing their education.
- President: Joe Alvord, Senior, Architectural Engineering
- Vice President: Cody Johnston, Sophomore, Molecular and Cell Biology/Chemistry
- Senior Class Gift Chair: Max Sabo, Senior, Business Administration
- Senior Class Gift Co-Chair: Garrett Vonk, Senior, Business Administration
- Chad Northey, Senior, Mechanical Engineering
- Katelyn Seger, Sophomore, Mechanical Engineering
- Bethany Balint, Sophomore, Biomedical Engineering
- Meghan Lawlor, Senior, Architecture + Interior Architecture
- Curtis Bac, Senior, Architecture + Interior Architecture
- Richard Allison Jr., Sophomore, Civil Engineering
- Bailey Gibson, Freshman, Biomedical Engineering
SPC members organize events, campaigns, and other efforts throughout the year that help to celebrate philanthropy at LTU. And through a close-up look at University Advancement operations, members build the skills to become better communicators, fundraisers, and leaders.
As students, and later as alumni, we are stakeholders in Lawrence Tech. If you are ready to make a difference and join us in investing in the success of our university, submit an application to become a member of the Student Philanthropy Council today! Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.