Lawrence Tech would like to thank those who have served and continue to serve our country. We would like to provide you with the best experience and help you navigate the process of applying for admissions, financial aid and any questions you have along the way. Here at LTU we would like to provide you with a support system as you begin your educational journey and while you are enrolled as a student. LTU has a Veterans Student Group that provides additional support and resources structured for veterans by veterans.
LTU is proud to participate in the following eligible programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® – Chapter 33 including Yellow Ribbon
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR &E) (formerly known as Vocational Rehabilitation and employment) – Veterans with Disabilities (Chapter 31)
LTU ‘s VA Certifying Official is Michelle Hines, Student Accounting Supervisor. For assistance she can be reached at (248)204-2110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Admissions Process for Veterans and Active Duty Military
- When applying to Lawrence Tech you will follow the same steps as other applicants:
- Freshman applicants are those who have taken no college credit after high school graduation
- Transfer applicants are those who have completed 30 or more college credits after high school graduation
- Graduate applicants are those who have completed a Bachelors degree and wish to pursue graduate level studies
- If available, please send in official JST or ACE transcripts along with your admissions documents
- Applying to LTU is done online, please click below to start the application process and choose the application that best fits your student type
If you are admitted to Lawrence Tech, be sure to secure authorization for your program from the appropriate service branch if you will be using Tuition Assistance (TA) or other VA benefits. You must secure approval prior to enrolling at Lawrence Tech to make use of these benefits.
Transfer Credit Review Process
Once LTU receives your application and transcripts, we will do an official review of your credits. These include college credits outside of the JST or ACE as well. For a full explanation of how we review transfer credits from non military transcripts, please visit the Credit Review Process page.
To learn more about financial aid for veterans, active duty military and family members please visit the Military Aid Programs page.
Your success at Lawrence Tech is the top priority. The Office of University Advising is a key feature for your success. If you have questions about scheduling, degree options, or changing your major, be sure to talk to them. Lawrence Tech is required to submit any changes to your study plan, so please be sure to connect with University Advising to make these corrections. You can email the Office of University Advising at email@example.com.
Also note, that some degree programs, notably engineering, and architecture, have additional licensing exams that will be required prior to being professionally licensed within your desired field. Please consult with your academic advisor regarding additional requirements that your degree may require to obtain your professional license or certification.
If you require accommodations while studying at Lawrence Tech, the Office of Disability Services will be able to assist you. There are an assortment of accommodations that can be made, and you should inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, Lawrence Tech also offers private counseling to all students. If you would like to schedule a time to speak with one of the professional counselors, visit their site for Clinical Counseling.
Michelle Hines, Student Accounting Supervisor
|Office of Admission
Adam Berry, Assistant Director of Admissions
Office of University Advising
At Lawrence Tech, we are here to assist you in obtaining your educational goals. Please feel free to contact any of the contacts and the individual will be sure to assist you.