The information provided in TES is meant to serve as a guide. Even if the course appears in the list of evaluated courses is it not a guarantee that the course will transfer for your program. An official evaluation of transcripts will be completed at the time of admission. Program flowcharts can be used as a reference only.
Students must receive a grade of "C" or better for a course to be considered for transfer credit.
Not all programs require General Elective credit. General Elective credit hours vary depending upon the major. Please refer to the flowchart for your major to see if General Electives are a program requirement. Majors with General Elective credit: Business Administration, Chemical Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science (except Game Software Development), Environmental Chemistry, Information Technology, Mathematical Sciences, Math & Computer Science, Media Communication, Molecular & Cell Biology, Physics, Psychology.
Apprenticeship, trade, remedial, physical education, and basic study courses are not transferable.
We welcome and encourage you to contact an LTU Admissions Counselor early in your community college career to ensure maximum transfer of credit.
Contact the Office of Admissions if you would like to schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor at 248.204.3160 or email@example.com
2. Click on the school you are transferring from.
3. Find your course name in the left column. The right column will tell you the LTU equivalent.
- If there is a blue check mark next to the course, please make sure you click on and read the note.
There may be information that could affect how your course may transfer to LTU.
- You may search for a specific course subject/number after you select a college/university.
Click the blue search button to bring up the search box and enter course information.
4. Repeat these steps for each transfer course.
5. You can create a list of your transfer courses and the LTU equivalent courses by selecting the checkbox to the right of the course(s) and click the Add/View My List button. You have the option to export or email the list.
*Transfer Guides are available for all community colleges in Michigan. Once you locate your institution, click on the transfer guides link in the far right column. Guides will be listed alphabetically by major.
Can’t find your course?
If a course does not appear in TES, it just means we have not evaluated it yet. Once you fill out the admissions application and send in official copies of your transcripts, an evaluation will be done. Students will receive an evaluation of coursework within a few weeks of admission.