Successful Careers Start Here!
If you’re an international student who has decided to attend Lawrence Tech, you’ve made a great choice! Empowered by our exemplary “theory and practice” approach to the learning experience, Lawrence Tech graduates enjoy a return on investment that is in the top 5% nationally. And for you, it all begins with the completion of the following application documents:
Select your application type to get started:
1. Application for Admission - A completed application for admission with the $30 undergraduate or $50 graduate non-refundable fee. After you submit your application for admission, please contact the LTU Office of Admissions with any changes or corrections at 248.204.3160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. International Transcripts - International students are required to submit official transcripts to complete their applications. Lawrence Tech considers transcripts to be official if they are original or attested and sent directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope. A certified translation will also be required for transcripts not issued in English. Below are guidelines for each application category:
Freshman (still attending high school): Submit your high school marks/transcript in English to Lawrence Tech during your senior or final year of school for an admission decision. Upon graduation you will need to submit final transcripts and any certificates that indicate completion of secondary education. A World Education Services (WES) document-by-document evaluation may be submitted in place of the transcripts. The Office of Admissions may require a WES document-by-document evaluation at their discretion.
Transfer (attended college/university courses): Submit both your high school marks/transcripts and your college or university high school marks/transcripts to WES for a course-by-course evaluation of credit and degrees.
Graduate (completed a four year college/university degree): All transcripts of previously attended schools required for decisions on applications for graduate admissions must come directly from the issuing institutions, and be either an original or an attested copy. Transcripts for in-progress coursework must be complete through the 7th semester to be eligible for admission review. All admission decisions are made by the Graduate Admission Committee of each college to which the applicant has applied. The Graduate Admission Committee and the Office of Admissions retain the right to require a course-by-course evaluation through WES prior to the application review.
3. English Proficiency and ESL - All international students are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. We require a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL, or a 6.5 on the IELTS. The ESL Institute at Lawrence Tech offers an opportunity to gain proficiency in English. If you are interested in only studying in the ESL Institute, a test score is not required to apply. Students that score below a 79 on the internet-based TOEFL, or 6.5 on the IELTS will be welcomed into the ESL Institute. The ESL Institute offers coursework during the traditional academic semesters, and assessments are given at the end of each semester. For more information about taking the TOEFL, including finding a test site near you, please refer to the TOEFL website at http://www.ets.org/toefl/. Information on the IELTS exam can be found at http://www.ielts.org/.
|4. SAT or ACT Test Scores – (Optional for Freshman applicants only.) Students who will be graduating from high school immediately before coming to Lawrence Tech may optionally submit test score results from one of the two test types. These scores are not required as a basis for admissions decisions. However, they may be used for consideration for freshman academic scholarships. Details on academic scholarships are provided on the scholarship page.|
|5. Required Documents for I-20 Processing|
|6. Additional Requirements - Select programs, especially Master's- and Doctoral-level programs, may have additional requirements. Please verify with the academic program's web page to ensure you’ve met all additional requirements.|
Students must submit all required application documents at least 90 days prior to the start of the term they wish to begin. The following are the application deadlines for upcoming terms:
- Summer 2020 - February 18, 2020
- Fall 2020 - May 24, 2020
- Spring 2021 - October 11, 2019
- NOTE: After you submit your application for admission, contact the LTU Office of Admissions with any changes or corrections at 248.204.3160 or email@example.com.
Lawrence Technological University utilizes commission-based international recruitment agents. A listing of affiliated agencies is available here. If you have any questions or concerns with regards to an affiliated agency, you are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248.204.3170.