Did you know that you can attend college while still in high school? You can - and it's easier than you think! Lawrence Technological University's Dual Enrollment Program gives you the opportunity to earn college credits at the times that work for you! If you’re doing well in your current classes and have the skills and abilities to take college-level courses, dual enrollment can move your college career forward while you are still in high school. Once you graduate from high school, you can apply to a degree program at Lawrence Tech, provided you meet the minimum admission criteria, with the credits you’ve already earned.
In the Dual Enrollment Program, you are admitted to Lawrence Tech under special status, and you have all the privileges regular students enjoy, including use of the library and recreational facilities, and the opportunity to purchase student tickets to cultural and athletic events. To be eligible for the Dual Enrollment Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school junior or senior
- Completion of at least two courses in more than one area of study in the following subjects: biology, chemistry, physics, or physical science
- 3.0 or higher recalculated GPA in core subjects
Steps to apply to dual enroll at LTU - Fall 20201. Fill out online application at ltu.edu/apply
- One of the application questions will ask if you want to be a non-degree seeking student, select "yes"
2. Submit official high school transcripts
3. Submit Dual Enroll Supplemental Form - linked here
4. Select a course to take - Students must meet prerequisites for course they are applying to take; course prerequisites are listed in the course catalog descriptions found here - LTU Course Catalog
5. Once all documents are submitted, students will be reviewed for the course they want to take. Upon admission, directions on how to register will be sent via email from email@example.com. Courses will be offered at a discounted rate of $500 per course. Directions on how to pay (or have your high school pay) will be included in the email.
Admission is granted on a semester basis. If you are looking to take courses multiple semesters at Lawrence Tech, you will need to submit an updated application and transcripts. For additional information on this and other Dual Enrollment programs offered at Lawrence Technological University, contact Emily Wegner at firstname.lastname@example.org.