Please check back in March for information about Fall 2021 Orientation & Registration
Step 1: Placement Assessments
This is the first step in the orientation and registration process. In order to determine which classes you should enroll in, students are required to take placement assessments in a variety of areas. You must take your placement assessments before attending Orientation and Registration or registering for classes as your scores are required for the registration process.
We will be conducting placement assessments remotely using Zoom. To test, you will need a computer (desktop or laptop) with a webcam and audio capabilities. You will also need a valid photo ID.
Below are some useful tips to prepare you for these assessments:
Step 2: Orientation and Registration (O & R)LTU is excited to offer Virtual O&R to our Fall incoming students! Virtual O&R will give students the opportunity to meet one-on-one with your advisor, select classes and register for your first semester's courses. Additionally, you will be able to connect to current students and support services to help you excel as you begin in August. Registration for O&R will take place by logging into your student status page. You must submit your $100 enrollment deposit via your student state page before you can register.
Benefits of Virtual Orientation & Registration:
- Ability to register early for classes
- One-on-one meeting with an LTU adviser (up to an hour)
- To keep our future Blue Devils and campus community safe
- Connect to current students
- Learn about student support services
- Overview of student handbook
Keeping our campus community safe and healthy is our number one priority. We want to hold on-campus Orientation & Registration for those who need it, but are waiting to hear the Governor's next steps before we can select a date.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Admissions at 248.204.3160. If you are an international student, please find specific international orientation information here.
Step 3: Housing
We recommend that you live on campus. It gives you quick access to your classes, sporting events and activities. It is also much easier to make friends and get involved. The housing application is available via your student status page. Please note, you must pay your $100 enrollment deposit to access the housing application.
Step 4: Pay Laptop Deposit
One of the great benefits of being a Lawrence Tech student is that you are supplied a powerful laptop or tablet computer customized with all the software you'll need for your particular program of study.
To pick up your laptop, you must complete the following steps:
- Meet with your advisor and be fully registered for classes
- Pay your $500 laptop deposit through your student status page at ltu.edu/statuspage.
- Sign your laptop contract in BannerWeb if you are over 18 years old. If you are under 18 on the day you pick up your laptop, you should review and sign the contract with your parent and bring it with you, or email it to the email@example.com. To sign your contract in BannerWeb, follow the directions below:
-Login to BannerWeb here using your Banner ID and the PIN you created during registration
-Go to Student Services & Financial Aid
-Go to Laptop Distribution Voucher System
-Scroll down to click to read the terms & conditions. After reading, click agree.
- Schedule Laptop Pick Up Appointment - appointment times starting July 6th
Laptop distribution information will be posted in the upcoming weeks, please check back. Please note, laptop bags will not be provided. It is suggested you bring a bag or backpack when picking up the laptop. For additional information about the laptop program please visit https://www.ltu.edu/ehelp/helpdesk.asp.