Graduate students, like undergraduates, may qualify for scholarships. Below you will find information on types of scholarships offered to graduate students. Graduate students may also contact their Graduate Program Director for other research, grant and scholarship opportunities.
Admitted students are automatically reviewed for merit scholarship upon acceptance.
Scholarships are for renewable for up to two years based on full-time enrollment of at least 6 credit hours and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- 3.0 GPA = $3,000
- 3.3 GPA = $5,000
- 3.5 GPA or higher = $6,500
- Must be directly employed by preapproved partnership company.
- Dependents do not qualify for graduate portion of this scholarship.
- Minimum of 3 credit hours to qualify.
- Scholarship value is approximately 35% off tuition charge
- 3 credit hours: $1,300 Scholarship
- 6 credit Hours: $2,600 Scholarship
- 9 credit Hours: $3,900 Scholarship
- Remain in good academic standing with no past due balances.
- Cannot be combined with any other university scholarships or grants.
- Scholarship value is approximately 35% off tuition charge.
The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Program is a scholarship-for-service program designed to produce the next generation of DoD S&T Leaders and serves as key recruitment tool for future workforce members.
The SMART Scholarship application portal will open August 1, 2022 and close on December 1, 2022 for students to apply for the 2023 cohort. All applicants are required to submit applications online by December 1 at 5:00 PM EST. Supporting materials, such as references letters, must be received by December 1 at 5:00 PM EST. Traditionally, applicants are notified of their award in the spring. Application materials are not returned to applicants.
Student Scholar Benefits:
- Full tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Annual stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 - $38,000 per year, depending on prior educational experience
- Summer internships (multi-year participants)
- Experienced Mentor
- DoD Employment placement after graduation
For more information please visit the link to SMART Program and the application website: smartscholarship.org