Private Donor Scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid annually awards a number of endowed scholarships to upper-class students through the generosity of friends and alumni of the university.
The application window is October 1 through January 31. Scholarships range from $500 to $5,000 per year. Eligible applicants must be full-time students with sophomore, junior, or senior standing within the year of the award. A FAFSA must be submitted prior to completing your private donor application.
- Be a US citizen
- Be a woman
- Be a Michigan resident
- Be enrolled at an accredited Michigan university or college either full or part-time
- Be a graduate or undergraduate who has attained at least 60 credits
- Have a minimum 3.25 GPA
- The deadline for applying is July 31, 2021
- Submission of the application can be done here: WID Application
The Science, Mathematics and Research for Transformation (SMART) Program is a scholarship-for-service program designed to produce the next generation of DoD S&T Leaders and serves as key recruitment tool for future workforce members.
The SMART Scholarship application portal will open August 1, 2022 and close on December 1, 2022 for students to apply for the 2023 cohort. All applicants are required to submit applications online by December 1 at 5:00 PM EST. Supporting materials, such as references letters, must be received by December 1 at 5:00 PM EST. Traditionally, applicants are notified of their award in the spring. Application materials are not returned to applicants.
Student Scholar Benefits:
- Full tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Annual stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 - $38,000 per year, depending on prior educational experience
- Summer internships (multi-year participants)
- Experienced Mentor
- DoD Employment placement after graduation
For more information please visit the link to SMART Program and the application website: smartscholarship.org