- Students must have a valid 2021-2022 FAFSA on file.
- Students must currently be in a degree seeking program that is eligible for aid (May graduates need to be sure that they are in program effective in Summer 2022 term).
- Students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to be eligible for federal aid. See the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy for details.
- At least half-time registration is required to be awarded a package.
- At least half-time enrollment is required for federal loan disbursement.
- Half-time is defined as 6 credits for undergrad students and 3 credits for graduate students.
Steps to Take:
- In order to be eligible for Summer Financial Aid, students must be registered at least half-time, no separate application is needed.
- Students must accept/decline aid offers and complete all requirements no later than June 30, 2022.
- If a Parent is going to attempt to borrow a Federal PLUS Loan, they must apply at Studentloans.gov.
What to Expect:
- Limited funding is available for Summer term. Most students should expect loan offers only. See the grid below for maximum loan estimates.
Student Level/Dependency Status
Maximum Summer Loan Amount*
Dependent Junior or Senior
Independent Junior or Senior
*These amounts are estimates and based on half-time enrollment for summer.
- You will be notified of your package availability or action you need to take via your LTU Email account. You can also use Banner Web to help you track your status.
- Be sure you know the important dates and deadline for the term, see the Academic Calendar for details.
- We anticipate initial aid disbursements to begin May 31, 2022.