Military Student Aid

Here you will find information on student financial aid resources for students interested in pursuing careers in the military and for veterans and their dependents.

If you have any questions about the financial aid available to you, trained and qualified financial aid advisers are available. These individuals can provide loan counseling and guidance on any other sources of available financial aid, and they are available before offering, recommending, arranging, signing-up, dispersing, or enrolling n Federal or Private student loan programs. Please feel free to contact the DOD Certified Compliance officer, Michelle Hines at or 248.204.2110. To learn more about available financial aid or the timeline of applying for aid, click here.


Affordable Colleges Online
Online Colleges for Veterans and Military Personnel


National Guard Benefits

Click here for information on benefits:  Army National Guard


Air Force ROTC

Click here for information on benefits:  Air Force ROTC



Today service members have close to $50k for college – and veterans are entering college at record numbers (now the key is to stay in college). Here are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions regarding the GI Bill:

Please contact the DMDC/DEERS Support Office (DSO): 800.538.9552.

Call the VA Call Center at 1.888.442.4551 press “0″ and “0″ again to be connected to a Live Case Manager

If you meet the “Special Provisions” for Retirement Eligibility then your Service Obligation would be determine for you after you make the transfer on the TEB site.

The instructions from the GI Bill Support Team will be sent to your AKO account, no other email address

It is a Statement of Understanding for clarification of the service obligation for the Post 9/11 GI Bill Transferability.

(Example: If the service obligation is from the date of the transfer request in Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB), the website used to transfer the benefit. If a Soldier will reach 20 years of qualifying service on 5 September 2010, they will incur a two year obligation from the date of the transfer request in TEB. Therefore, if they put in their TEB request on 16 July 2010, they must have a service obligation of no less than 16 July 2012 before the request can be approved.

The VA FORM 22-1990e (Application for Family Member to Use Transferred Benefits) and also attach Soldier Members supporting documents from T10 deployments (DD 214′s, Mobilization & REFRAD Orders)

Go to the VA REP at your school of attendance and request a VA FORM 22-1999 (Certification of Enrollment) to Include the student’s full name and current address in items 1 and 3. The VA needs to maintain current address information because we not only mail the student’s checks to that address, but any correspondence from us will also be sent to that address.

Item 2 is for the VA file number. If the file number is not the student’s social security number, then enter the student’s social security number in Item 4.

If the student is a dependent under Chapter 35, then the file number or claim number is that of the veteran, along with the suffix number of the dependent. The student’s social security number would then go in Item 4.

Look at your application for the page that list the VA Regional Processing Offices (Eastern, Central, Western & Southern Regions) and send your application to the VA that serves the State that your school is located in.

Go to this website  VA Educational Resources  then click on “Search for approved schools” click on the state that’s is on the map where your school is located and then scroll through the list for your school of choice

Gather your DD 214′s and look in section 12 for your start date and end date and calculate the days using a tour calendar then go to “Benefit Calculator”

Put in the zip code of the school of attendance and hit the “estimate benefit” button that will calculate your Tuition & Basic Housing Allowance (BAH) not to include the book stipend that is separate