Faculty + Staff
Mechanical, Robotics, and Industrial Engineering
Associate Department Chair and Associate Professor
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Oakland University
Courses and Advising
- Director, Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering program
- EME 3043 - Dynamics
- EME 4003 - Design of Machine Elements
- EME 5213 - Mechanical Vibrations
- EME 5223 - Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- EME 5333 - Advanced Dynamics
- Pape, M., McGuire, J. P., Pastor, G., and Riedel, C., “Finite Element Validation of a Cast Iron Die Shoe,” International Deep-Drawing Research Group (IDDRG) Annual Conference, Golden, Colorado, June 1-3, 2009.
Brusoe, M., Pensar, Z., and Riedel C., “Improvement of an LS-DYNA Fuel Delivery Module Crash Simulation,” Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) World Congress and Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, April 2008, paper number 2008-01-02053.
- Kang, B. and Riedel C., “Wave Motion in a Planar Curved Beam,” 15th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV15), Daejeon, Korea, July 6-10, 2008.
- Jawad, B. A., Riedel, C. H. and Wood, J., “Effect of Temperature on Weld Strength in Chrome Moly Space Frames,” Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Motorsports Engineering Conference & Exposition, Dearborn, Michigan, December 2006, paper number 2006-01-3648.
- Riedel, C. H.
andKang, B., “Free Vibration of Elastically Coupled Dual-Span Curved Beams,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, 2006, Vol. 290, pp. 820-838. Gesch, E., Tan, M., and Riedel C. H., “Brake Squeal Suppression Through Structural Design Modifications,” Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Noise and Vibration Conference and Exhibition, Traverse City, Michigan, May 16-19, 2005, paper number 2005-01-2311.
- Minter, A., Chedid, E., Jawad, B. and Riedel, C., “Physical Testing Versus FEA for a Space Frame,” Proceedings of the Sixth International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED) International Conference on Modelling and Simulation, Marina Del Rey, California, March 1-3 2004.
Honors And Awards
- 2018 Henry B. and Barbara J. Horldt Excellence in Teaching Award
Activities and Service
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Member,Societyof Automotive Engineers (SAE)