Faculty + Staff
Mechanical, Robotics, and Industrial Engineering
- PhD, Systems Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- MS, Systems Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- BTech, Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Karnataka
Courses And Advising
- EME3653 – Measurement Systems
- MRE4014 – Unified Robotics IV
- Soft Robotics
- Mechanisms and Kinematics
- Design Optimization
- Modular and bio-inspired robots
- G. Singh and A. M. Dollar, “Finite element modeling of internally actuated triangular lattice and its variants for modular active cell robots (MACROs),” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 6083–6090, 2022.
- G. Singh, A. Nawroj, and A. M. Dollar, “Mechanical Characterization of Compliant Cellular Robots. Part I: Passive Stiffness,” Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, vol. 15, no. 2, Jun. 2022, 021012, issn: 1942-4302.
- G. Singh, A. Nawroj, and A. M. Dollar, “Mechanical Characterization of Compliant Cellular Robots. Part II: Active Strain,” Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, vol. 15, no. 2, Jun. 2022, 021013, issn: 1942-4302.
- G. Singh and G. Krishnan, “Designing fiber-reinforced soft actuators for planar curvilinear shape matching,” Soft robotics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 109–121, 2020.
- G. Singh, C. Xiao, E. T. Hsiao-Wecksler, and G. Krishnan, “Design and analysis of coiled fiber reinforced soft pneumatic actuator,” Bioinspiration & biomimetics, vol. 13, no. 3, p. 036 010, 2018.
- G. Singh and G. Krishnan, “A constrained maximization formulation to analyze deformation of fiber reinforced elastomeric actuators,” Smart Materials and Structures, vol. 26, no. 6, p. 065 024, 2017.
- G. Singh, S. Patiballa, X. Zhang, and G. Krishnan, “A pipe-climbing soft robot,” in 2019 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), IEEE, 2019, pp. 8450–8456.
- K. Uppalapati, G. Singh, and G. Krishnan, “Parameter estimation and modeling of a pneumatic continuum manipulator with asymmetric building blocks,” in 2018 IEEE International Conference on Soft Robotics (RoboSoft), IEEE, 2018, pp. 528–533.
- G. Singh, C. Xiao, G. Krishnan, and E. Hsiao-Wecksler, “Design and analysis of soft pneumatic sleeve for arm orthosis,” in International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, vol. 50152, 2016, V05AT07A034.
- G. Singh and G. Krishnan, “An isoperimetric formulation to predict deformation behavior of pneumatic fiber reinforced elastomeric actuators,” in 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), IEEE, 2015, pp. 1738–1743.