Positions held in academic institutions
Courses taught in the past two years
Positions held in design practice
Significant publications, creative projects, and/or paper presentations
Awards, recognitions, grants, competitions
Professional licenses, memberships and service
B.S. Arch, Lawrence Technological University, 1976
B. Arch, Lawrence Technological University, 1977
M.A., Wayne State University, 1993
Associate Professor, Lawrence Technological University, 1994-present
Senior Lecturer, Lawrence Technological University, 1992-1994
Adjunct Professor, Lawrence Technological University, 1977-1992
1213 Vis Com 1
1223 Vis Com 2
2117 IDS 1
2126 IDS 2
3133 Airbrush Illustration
1225 Vis. Tech.
Principal, Gretchen Maricak Architect, 1995-present
Principal, Ferrero/Maricak Architecture & Delineation, 1984-1995
Designer, Minoru Yamasaki and Associates, 1982-1984
Designer, Harvey Ferrero Architect, 1974-1982
1. Paper Presentation. "Visible Thinking: Translating Ideas into the Physical World". 23rd International Conference on the
Beginning Design Student. 2007. Savannah College of Art and Design. Savannah, Georgia.
2. Paper Presentation. Paper published. "Hand Drawing as a Symbolic Mediator". 22nd National Conference on the
Beginning Design Student. 2006. Iowa State University. Ames, Iowa.
3. Paper Presentation. Paper published. "Negotiating Between Self and Architectural Deign". 21st National Conference
on the Beginning Design Student. 2005. University of Texas at San Antonio. San Antonio, Texas.
4. Paper Presentation. Paper published. "Worldviews and Student Development in the Beginning Design Studio".
20th National Conference on the Beginning Design Student. 2004. Hampton University. Hampton, Virginia.
5. Paper Presentation. Paper published. "The Elusive Capstone". ACSA Southeast Regional Conference. 2003.
University of South Florida. Tampa, Florida.
6. Contribution of architectural illustrations to books: "American Society of Architectural Perspectivists",
"The Creative Stroke 2" by Richard Emery, "Architectural Sketching in Markers" by Harold Linton and Roy Strickfaden,
"Color in Architectural Illustration" by Richard Rochon and Harold Linton, "Elements of Architectural Design" by Ernest Burden.
1. International Architectural Design Competition: Finalist. 2nd Place Award. High Speed Motor Terminal in the 21st Century Design
Competition. Shinkenchiku-Sha Company, Tokyo, Japan. 1989.
2. Donation Acquired: $1,000 annual donation for architecture enrichment movies by Joseph Savin
1. Licensed Architect, State of Michigan
2. Harper Woods Planning Commission, Harper Woods, Michigan. Member and Chairperson, 1973-1982
3. ArchiLecture Coordinator. Joseph Savin Architecture Movie Series Coordinator
4. Airbrush Demonstrations
5. Juror. Future City Competition. Engineering Society of Detroit. January, 2006
6. Lecture. Eastern Michigan University. Department of Educational Leadership. "Dissertation Research". 2004
Professional Development (Meetings/Conferences Attended, Continuing Education Courses, Etc., In The Last Five Years)
1. Doctoral studies. Eastern Michigan University. D.Ed. College of Education, Department of Educational Leadership.
Dissertation topic: College Student Development. 2000-present
2. License to Lead: Lawrence Technological University, 2006
3. Conferences: National Conference on the Beginning Design Student: 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004,
ACSA Southeast Regional Conference, 2003