Faculty + Staff
Mechanical, Robotics, and Industrial Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
Courses And Advising
- Director, B.S. Robotics Engineering program
- Director, M.S. Mechatronic Systems Engineering program
- Advisor, Baja SAE team
- EME 3653 - Measurement Systems
- EME 4654 - Mechatronics
- MRE 5183 - Mechatronic Systems I
- MRE 5323 - Modern Control Systems
- MRE 6183 - Mechatronic Systems II
- Mechatronics and robotics
- Hysteresis modeling and compensation
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
- Additive manufacturing (laser sintering)
- Enzi, A., Mynderse, J. A., 2019. "Design and experimental validation of a small-scale prototype selective laser sintering system," SN Applied Sciences, 1(1612), doi: 10.1007/s42452-019-1600-3.
- Curtis, A. B., Mynderse, J. A., and Vejdani, H., 2019. "Design of a Kangaroo Inspired Hopping Robot For Unrestricted Locomotion and Controller Development," Proc. 2019 ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, doi: 10.1115/DSCC2019-9083.
- Mynderse, J. A., Liu, L., Gerhart, A. L., Fletcher, R. W., Vejdani, H., Jing, W., and Yee, K., 2019. “Development of an Entrepreneurial Mindset within a Three- Semester Mechanical Engineering Capstone Design Sequence based on the SAE Collegiate Design Series”. 2019 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Bowden, D. S. and Mynderse, J. A., 2019. “From Industry to the Classroom: A Low-Cost Hardware-In-Loop Simulator for Classic Controls Experiments”. 2019 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Gennert, M. A., Lofti Yagin, N., Mynderse, J. A., Jethwani, M., and Kapila, V., 2019. “Work in Progress: Building the Mechatronics and Robotics Education Community”. 2019 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Enzi, A., and Mynderse, J. A., 2017. “Optimization of process parameters applied to a prototype selective laser sintering system”. ASME 2017 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition IMECE2017.
- Mynderse, J. A., Shelton, J. N., and Gerhart, A. L., 2017. “Entrepreneurially minded learning in a semester-long senior/graduate mechatronic design project”. ASME 2017 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference DSCC2017.
- Patria, G. S., Rescoe, S., Bradford, W., and Mynderse, J. A., 2016. “Road wheel readiness experiment leveraging logistics engineering”. 2016 Ground Vehicle Systems Engineering and Technology Symposium.
- Johns, M., Kamping, H., Krueger, K., Mynderse, J., and Riedel, C., 2016, “Setting differential pinion bearing preload using system stiffness as estimated by frequency response”. Proceedings of the SAE World Congress.
- Mynderse, J. A. and Chiu, G. T.-C., 2016, "Two Degree-of-Freedom Hysteresis Compensation for a Dynamic Mirror Actuator," ASME/IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics, 21(1), doi: 10.1109/TMECH.2015.2493038.
- Mynderse, J. A. and Chiu, G. T.-C., 2013, “Modeling of a dynamic mirror with antagonistic piezoelectric stack actuation,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 136(2), doi: 10.1115/1.4025671.
- Garett S. Patria, DEMS 2017, “Model-Based Systems Engineering Application to Analyze the Ground Vehicles and Robotics Sustainment Support Strategy”.
- Abass M. J. Enzi, DEMS 2017, “Optimization of Process Parameters for Improved Part Quality Using a Selective Laser Sintering System”.
- David Bowden, MSMSE 2019, “Development of a Low Cost Hardware-In-Loop Simulator for Classical Controls Experiments”.
- Justin Trzeciak, MSME 2019, “Design of an Automatically Adjusting Air Cell Cushion to Reduce the Risk of Pressure Sores in Wheelchair Users”.
- Vincent Nicolazzo, MSMSE, “Improved flight performance through morphology changes for multirotor craft operating in non-uniform ground effect”.
Honors And Awards
- 2017 Henry B. and Barbara J. Horldt Excellence in Teaching Award
- Faculty Research Seed Grant Award, Lawrence Technological University
- Estus H. and Vashti L. Magoon Award for Excellence in Teaching, Purdue University
- Laura Davidson Winkelman Fellowship, Purdue University
- John M. Bruce Memorial Scholarship, Purdue University
- Eagle Scout
Activities And Service
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)