Dr. Raef Aidibi
Dr. Aidibi is an adjunct professor in the School of Math & Computer Science and the School of Electrical & Computer Engineering.
- D. Systems Engineering (ECE), Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI
- MS Electrical & Computer Engineering, Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI
- MS Computer Science (Embedded Systems), Oakland University, Rochester Hills, MI
- BS Electrical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI
- Adjunct professor at Lawrence Technological University, 2017 - Present
- Adjunct professor at University Detroit-Mercy, 2017 - Present
- Computer Science I & II
- Computational Intelligence Techniques
- Deep Learning
- Digital Image Processing & Computer Vision
- Computer Networking & Computer Networking Lab
- Computer Architecture & Network Security
- Microprocessors & Microprocessors Lab
- Embedded Systems & Embedded Systems Lab
- Real Time Systems
- Sensors & Actuators
- Digital Electronics & Digital Electronics Lab
- Microelectronics & Electronics Lab
- Lear Corporation, Southfield, MI: Principal Engineer (Technical Specialist, Electrification): Controls & Software, 2009-Present:
Electrical Power Management Systems (Electrification). Electric Vehicle DC/AC Chargers/Inverters, Traction Motor Control. DC Charging: GreenPHY PLC & GBT V2G, DIN& ISO Smart Charge Communication SCC/RCS/OCC Protocols.
- Magna Electronics, Holly, MI, Software Engineer:
Driver Awareness Systems: Ultrasonic Obstacle Detections, Ultrasonic Rain Sensors, Dual KeyFob based on ZIGBee.
- Visteon Corporation, Van Buren township, Dearborn, MI, Software Engineer:
- Driver Information Systems: Software Developer for Cockpit Displays & Infotainment Systems, Instrument Clusters, Stepper Motors, etc...
- Software Engineer, TRW Automotive, Active Safety Crash Sensors
Areas of Interest:
- Machine Learning and Computational Intelligence (Pattern Recognition & Fuzzy Logic), Deep Learning, and Image Processing
- Embedded Systems, Real Time Operating Systems, Microcontrollers & Computer Programming utilizing C, C++, JAVA, OOP, Verliog & VHDL, ASM etc… with applications applied in various domains.
- Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Operating Systems,
- Software Life Cycle, Implementation & Execution, Validation, Release processes & standards
- Aidibi is a Technical Professional in the area of Real-Time Embedded Control Systems Design & Development; Optimal Control of Hybrid Dynamic Systems; Signal Transformation & Processing techniques as applied to Intelligent Pattern Recognition & Control; Supervised & Unsupervised Classification/Learning; with Extensive Emphasis on Modeling, Implementation, Simulation, Architecture, Construction, Networking, Debugging, Process, Quality & Standards.
- A Principal Software Engineer with extensive experience in developing Real-Time Embedded Control Firmware and related algorithms combining over 20 years of industry experience (production intent) reliable projects and academic advancements (research intent) ranging from proof of concept until production.
- Aidibi recent research has been in the area of Learning & Control Software with emphasis on utilizing Hybrid Dynamic Systems, Dynamic Programming and Approximate Dynamic Programming algorithms applications to Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). In this research, hybrid dynamic systems with shared interactions and performance between the hybrid states are considered as a multistage decision problem.