Swati Verma, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in the College of Management. She also holds an MBA in Marketing & Finance and a Bachelor in Engineering. Her research interest lies in the area of behavioral pricing, advertising and branding.
- Ph.D. in Marketing, Wayne State University
- MBA in Marketing and Finance, IIPM, New Delhi, India
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication, MVJCE, Bangalore, India
- Behavioral Pricing
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research and Consumer Behavior
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Management
Journal Articles Published:
- Guha, Abhijit, Abhijit Biswas, Dhruv Grewal, Swati Verma, Somak Banerjee, and Jens Nordfält (2017), "Reframing the Discount with a Comparison to the Sale Price: Does It Make the Discount More Attractive?." Journal of Marketing Research.
- Verma, Swati, Abhijit Guha, and Abhijit Biswas (2016), “Investigating the Pleasures of Sin: The Contingent Role of Telic Personality Disposition on Consumers’ Evaluations of Vice and Virtue Product Offerings”, Psychology & Marketing, 33(8), 620-628.
- Naseem, Nayyer, Swati Verma, and Attila Yaprak (2015), “Global Brand Attitude, Perceived Value, Consumer Affinity, and Purchase Intentions: A Multidimensional View of Consumer Behavior and Global Brands”, Advances in International Marketing, 26, 255- 288.“
- Naseem, Nayyer, Swati Verma, Abhijit Guha, and Abhijit Biswas, “Green Advertising: Choosing between Egoistic Appeals versus Altruistic Appeals”, AMA Summer 2016.
- Tangari, Andrea, Somak Banerjee, and Swati Verma, “Making a Good Thing Even Better? Advertising Ultra-functional Foods”, AMA Winter 2016.
- Verma, Swati, Abhijit Guha, and Abhijit Biswas, “Investigating the Pleasures of Sin: The Contingent Role of Telic Personality Disposition on Consumers’ Evaluations of Vice andVirtue Product Offerings”, AMA Winter 2015
- Naseem, Nayyer, Swati Verma, and Attila Yaprak, “Innovation as a Dynamic Capability and Its Link to Performance in the Multinational Corporation: An Integrative Framework and Propositions for Research”, AMS 2015.
- Naseem, Nayyer, Swati Verma, and Attila Yaprak, “Global Brand Attitude, Perceived Value, Consumer Affinity, and Purchase Intentions: A Multidimensional View ofConsumer Behavior and Global Brands”, CIMAR 2015.
- Hugh M. Cannon, James N. Cannon, Ahmet B. Köksal, and Swati Verma, “Accounting for Externalities: Harnessing the ‘Face-in- the-Mirror’ Effect.” Developments in Business Simulation and Experiential Learning, vol. 40 (March 2013), 319-332.
Awards and Honors:
- Doctoral Student Research Award, Wayne State University- 2015
- Doctoral Student Teaching Award, Wayne State University- 2015
- Sheth Foundation Doctoral Travel Grant, AMA Winter- 2015
- Thomas Rumble Fellowship, Wayne State University- 2014 to 2015
- Best Experiential Paper Award, ABSEL- 2013