Faculty + Staff
Mechanical, Robotics, and Industrial Engineering
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Courses And Advising
- Advisor, LTU Formula SAE
- MRE 3014 – Unified Robotics II
- MRE 4014 – Unified Robotics IV
- MRE 5203 – Microrobotics
- EME 5213 – Mechanical Vibration
- Robotics: design, fabrication, algorithm, implementation
- Micro-, Nano-, robots
- Bio-inspired engineering
- Jing, S. Chowdhury, and D. Cappelleri, “Magnetic Mobile Microrobots for Mechanobiology and Automated Biomanipulation”, Microrobotics: Biologically Inspired Microscale Robotic Systems, Second Edition, Elsevier, In press. [book chapter]
- Jing, and D. Cappelleri, “Towards Functional Magnetic Microrobots”, LNAI 8336: Small-Scale Robotics, pp. 81-100, Springer, 2014. [book chapter]
- Chowdhury, W. Jing, and D. Cappelleri, “Controlling Multiple Microrobots: Recent Progress and Future Challenges”, Journal of Micro-Bio Robotics, No. 10, pp.1-11, Oct. 2015.
- Jing, and D. Cappelleri, “A Magnetic Microrobot with In-situ Force Sensing Capabilities”, Robotics, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.106-119, Apr. 2014.
- Jing, N. Pagano, and D. Cappelleri, “A Novel Micro-scale Magnetic Tumbling Microrobot”, Journal of Micro-Bio Robotics, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.1-12, Feb. 2013.
- Jing, and D. Cappelleri, “Incorporating In-situ Force Sensing Capabilities in a Magnetic Microrobot”, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Chicago, IL, Sept. 2014.
- Jing, N. Pagano, and D. Cappelleri, “A Tumbling Magnetic Microrobot with Flexible Operating Modes”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany, May 2013.
- Jing, N. Pagano, and D. Cappelleri, “A Micro-Scale Magnetic Tumbling Microrobot”, ASME International Design & Engineering Technical Conferences, Chicago, IL, Aug. 2012.
- Jing, X. Chen, S. Lyttle, Z. Fu, Y. Shi, and D. Cappelleri, “A Magnetic Thin Film Microrobot with Two Operating Modes”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Shanghai, China, May 2011.
- Jing, X. Chen, S. Lyttle, Z. Fu, Y. Shi, and D. Cappelleri, “Design of a Magnetostrictive Thin Film Microrobot”, ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Vancouver, Nov. 2010.
Honors & Awards
- Finalist of IEEE international microrobot challenge, 2010-2016 (Anchorage, AK 2010; Shanghai, China 2011; Minneapolis, MN 2012; Karlsruhe, Germany 2013; Seattle, WA 2015; Stockholm, Sweden 2016)
- University Outstanding Undergraduate of the Year, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2004
Service & Activity
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)