Admission to the Master of Science in Engineering Quality program requires:
- Submission of the Application for Graduate Admission;
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Math, Science, Management or equivalent degree from an accredited university (minimum GPA of 3.0);
- Applicant might be asked to take some prerequisites based on the evaluation of the program director;
- Official transcripts of all completed college work;
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation (employers and professors are preferred);
- A resume, including professional experiences and extracurricular activities.
- A statement of purpose that includes personal and professional achievements or goals.
Applicants who do not meet all of the conditions for regular graduate admission may be considered for provisional admission by the Graduate Admissions Committee, provided they demonstrate an exceptionally high aptitude and promise for doing graduate work in this area and hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology. Additionally, the academic background of candidates will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions Committee as part of the admissions process. Students found deficient in a particular subject area are required to enroll in pre-core crossover courses before being allowed to enroll in some of the core program courses. No graduate credit will be granted for these courses.
MSEQ COURSE TRANSFER POLICY
For students transferring from other graduate programs into LTU's Master of Science in Engineering Quality program, the following guidelines will be implemented:
- No more than nine graduate semester credit hours may be transferred, and these must be from an accredited institution. The director and the graduate committee will evaluate exceptions to this policy on a case-by-case basis.
- Credit for courses taken in a graduate program other than those listed above will be reviewed by the program director and the graduate committee for their acceptability as substitutes within LTU's program.
- A request for courses to be considered for transfer credit must be made in writing at the time of application.
- A minimum grade of 3.0 must have been achieved in the transfer courses.
- All Courses must be completed within five years after the program is started.
In order to continue in the MSEQ program, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. A student whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 after their formal admission to the MSEQ program may be placed on academic probation and must consult with the program director regarding continuation in the program.
Best Engineering Graduate