Engineering technology professionals use the principles of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve problems in research, product development, manufacturing, marketing, technical sales, services, and maintenance. They play key roles in product development: they might build or test equipment; prepare and conduct experiments; analyze results; build prototype versions of newly designed products and equipment, or conduct research. Others work in quality control – inspecting products and processes. If you enter this field, your role will be a vital one; as society becomes more dependent on technology, the need for experienced engineering technology professionals will increase. In fact, the U.S. Department of Labor expects overall employment in the engineering technology field to grow, and graduates will have a wide variety of career options.
- LTU’s program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
- It’s also accredited by the Council for Six Sigma Certification (CSSC) providing you a unique opportunity to become Six Sigma certified at the Black Belt level while you pursue your degree
- The University’s role as a leading research center with state-of-the-art facilities gives you access to applied research projects, cutting-edge concepts, and the latest technologies
- Small class sizes and faculty with excellent industry experience are there to ensure your success
- A focus on teamwork and communication will provide you with excellent preparation for the realities of today’s collaborative workforce
Dual MSET and MBA
Associate process engineer, Kyocera International Inc.
"My advice to students is to get involved in as many of the hands-on opportunities that LTU has to offer. Those experiences increased my opportunities for success in my career."
Office of Admissions
Department of Engineering Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, abet.org
Find out more about the Outcomes + Objectives and Enrollment Data
Learn more about ABET accredited programs in the College of Engineering
My experience at Lawrence Tech was a good one right from the beginning. I was impressed with the faculty’s dedication and helpfulness. Earning my degree increased my marketability in the professional world.